Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Connect 8.1 Research (On behalf and Blackberry connector)
  •  
gnet

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I have a client using for many years Exchange 2003. I want to propose him Kerio Connect.
I have 2 questions that are not cleared answered in forums or FAQs.

1) Client have BES server can kerio blackberry connector 8.0 work successfully with connect 8.1?
2) Can ONLY assistants send, on behalf of managers, emails and invitations?

•  
puretech

1) Seems like BB Connector 8 will still work, however blackberry support has been discontinued. Have a read http:// download.kerio.com/dwn/connect/connect-8.1.0-1314/kerio-conn ect-notes-en-8.1.0-1314.pdf

2)People have asked for this feature, so it might be in the suggestions section still. Currently, it's not possible with the latest release. Not that I am aware of, anyway.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 July 2013 10:34]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

2) This is one of the features in upcoming Kerio Connect 8.2 (currently in beta).
  •  
gnet

Thank you for your replies!

1)So BB connector can do my job but if something does not work i will not have support?

2)Do you have any estimation of 8.2 release? Can i install beta on client till final release?
  •  
Mark Price (Kerio)

Hi There!

I would never run a beta version on a live/production environment as there are usually some issues with beta software. You can run as a test system though and be part of the beta program and feed back any issues you might find though!

As to the Blackberry side, I am sorry but its now no longer supported with Kerio. If a problem were to occur with the connector, we would not be able to correct it.

I hope this helps.

Mark Price
Kerio technical support.

Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
McIrish

gnet,
I don't want to sound overly negative, because I do like Kerio Connect and switched from Exchange... but... Unless you want a world of trouble, don't even consider a BES server with Kerio, whether its supported or not. I had 80 Blackberry users. The Kerio Blackberry connector would alway hard fail and corrupt its database. I was never able to get past about 25 Blackberry users before the database for BES would corrupt and sync would stop. I spent months trying to sort it out with Kerio. Worst couple months of my life. No... I'm not kidding.
Needless to say, I have no Blackberry users anymore, no BES server and I can sleep at night. Kerio Connect is a good mail server but their functionality with BES was terrible and just a nightmare to keep running. If you have to stay with Blackberry, I personally would stay with Exchange. Then again, I'm not so sure about Blackberry staying around, so you might want to be shifting users to a different platform anyway.
Hope this helps.
Previous Topic: Kerio And Thunderbird Add-on's Using Exchange Web Services?
Next Topic: Moving Folders
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 01:28:59 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00434 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.