Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Recurring calendar events show incorrect date in Mac Outlook 2011 (Mac Outlook 2011 bug on recurring all-day events)
  •  
b-tom

Send a private message to this user
I've spend some time on a weird issue regarding recurring calendar events in Mac Outlook 2011 (version 14.3.5). In my case, I've set up a annually, recurring all-day appointment in Mac Outlook on October 8th 1970. The event displays correctly on the iPhone and Kerio Webmail. In Mac Outlook 2011 the calendar event is shifted to October 9. - 10. 2013!!

This bug doesn't occur on all recurring calendar events. Some of them show up properly at the correct date. As far as I can see it's not important how you add recurring event. Mac Outlook simply shows an incorrect date. A recurring calendar event appears correctly in Apple iCal, on iOS devices, Windows Outlook and Kerio Webmail!

What I did so far
- I've rebuilt the Mac Outlook identity a couple of times
- I've cleared the Outlook calendar cache
- I've created a new system user and did a fresh account setup using the Kerio Connect Account Assistant
- I've reinstalled Mac Outlook 2011 on a MacOS 10.7 and MacOS 10.8 workstation
- Timezone are set to UTC +1:00 Europe/Berlin on all workstations
- The Location Services is disabled.

and it still shows the incorrect date in Mac Outlook 2011!

Please use the exact date from above to reproduce this bug. I am highly interested in a solution.

----
KC 8.0.2 build 1117

[Updated on: Sun, 30 June 2013 23:43]

•  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Unfortunately there is no good solution for this problem, it's caused by incorrect Outlook behaviour. There is the same problem with Outlook + Exchange. I'm sorry, but we can't even make some reasonable workaround.
To explain it more deeply: Outlook doesn't handle all day events as date only, but it requires exact time when event starts (the time part of the start is significant). Then if you have recurrent event starting 1970, in the timezone where daylight saving time is present and the event occurs sometimes in standard timezone and sometimes in daylight saving timezone (like yours), it's practically impossible to count correct start time.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
Previous Topic: Reminders keep displaying in Outlook 2011
Next Topic: KEMT Migration tool -All users MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 01:53:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00390 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.