Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Paging Working for Some, some can't hear
  •  
migsutu

Send a private message to this user
We have transitioned completely to Operator with things being pretty smooth for the most part. We are using Snom 870s pretty much exclusively, with some 300s in outside locations. The only major issue I am having is some of the 870s are not passing voice on paging. For example, if I page ext 22(dial 220) it goes through. I can hear them speaking but they cannot hear me speaking. Now if they page me, then we can both hear each other normally. I have it set to let audio go both ways on both extensions. Is there another setting in Operator I would be missing or a setting on the 870 itself that would cause this. My next step will be to double check all Operator settings, have it reboot the phones, and then reboot the server itself and see if this solves the issue. Thanks for any help or input.

Additionally, I am thinking of changing the paging extensions. Using the 3 digits(extension followed by 0) causes the phones to autodial which is great, however if we try and dial an area code for an outside line, it autodials the page extension instead of letting us dial a full outside telephone number. I wanted to change it to # + ext, but it won't accept that. I will try using * + ext and avoid the *50 range to avoid the call parking extensions. Any suggestions in this area is definitely appreciated.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi

I have never experienced that. I assume regular calls work fine, only paging has the one-way issue.

I would suggest you to:
- check the snom 870s' firmware, upgrade it in case it differs from the other phones
- do a factory reset of the snom to ensure there is nothing badly configured
- run a packet sniffer and analyze it to see if the rtp streams are present. You can email me a file to analyze (fjenicek<_at_>kerio.com)

Regarding dialplan, can you please email me your support info file and a generated dialplan from one of the phones. It seems it might not be generated correctly. Always, the more generic prefix should be preferred to the less generic one. The behavior you described should not occur. For example if you have extensions 10, 11 and route "1...", the final dialplan should contain only "1...". You should always be able to dial everything.

Thanks,
Filip
  •  
migsutu

Filip,

All phones are running firmware 8.7.3.19.

I have initiated a factory reset on the affected phones, with the same effect.

Rebooting the entire Operator server has fixed the issue, however some extensions which are paged will not pass any audio either way. This appears to be a different issue. I will work on getting packet sniffer data on the effect extensions.

Question; How do I get the support info file and a generated dialplan from one of the phones?

Apology was at a conference the last week so just now getting back to this issue. Thanks for the help as always.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

the packet sniffer should reveal more.

Quote:
Question; How do I get the support info file and a generated dialplan from one of the phones?

Click on link "Support information" at the bottom of the "System Health" screen in Operator. A file with Operator's configuration and runtime information should start downloading immediately.

To download a dialplan from one of the phones, one must log into the phone's web administration, usually http://ip_of_the_phone, log in as "admin". The password can be found on the "Phones" screen in Operator while editing a phone. Then look for an option called dialplan, it should look somewhat like this: 1x,5x,0... The location depends on the phone manufacturer & model. If you can't find it, tell me what phones you have.

Filip
Previous Topic: [SOLVED] Outgoing Caller ID w/ Multiple DIDs
Next Topic: Options/Suggestions for Remote Office Phones
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 05:11:25 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00410 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.