Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio 8.1.2 IM Questions (Question about den new Instant Messaging Service from Kerio Connect)
  •  
dornauer@coop-himmelblau.

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

we upgraded our KMS to the version 8.1.2 and now we want of course use the new IM functionality.

I set up the server as described and can already login with pidgin and chat.

BUT....i have still 2 questions:

First: when i make the test in the Admin-Dashboard about the "Check Service Accessibility" then i get a green checkmark at the "DNS SRV client" but a red cross at "DNS A".
What is the test for the DNS A ?? What do i have forgotten ??
I have only entered the 2 SRV entry s as suggested in the manual.

second: i bring only pidgin to work, but i would like to use Spark. But i can't bring it to work -> unknown user
Has here someone first hand experience, about correct settings ?

Wish you all a nice day and greets from Vienna
Peter Dornauer
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

The DNS A record for your email domain is required by some clients to finish auto-configuration (eg. iChat). The client does not connect to this server but it fails to configure the account when the DNS record does not exist.
  •  
dornauer@coop-himmelblau.

THX a lot, i think i got it.......just to be sure, do you have any link to the manual about this ?

Thx again, Peter
Previous Topic: LDAP Server / Internal Database errors
Next Topic: Migrate Kerio to Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 07:51:21 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00436 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.