Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migrate Kerio to Kerio
  •  
Black and White

Send a private message to this user
Hello Kerio Community,

I'm a rookie with Kerio, currently playing with the trial edition of 8.1.1

I have a client, whose company is splitting in two.
My task is to move these 10 users from Kerio in their old organisation into a new build of Kerio with their new corporate ID.

I do not have any Admin access the the parent organisation's Kerio server.
Can anyone suggest the best way to migrate the user mailboxes across to the new Kerio organisation that I'm building?

My MS Exchange hat says to export their mailboxes to PST's and import them into the new org. However, I know very little about Kerio terminology and it's capabilities.

Your wisdom and knowledge would be muchly appreciated. Perhaps I'll become a Kerio fanboy if this pulls off Laughing

James
  •  
rickblackdog

If you can create the new mailbox on the existing machine & drag the mail from one box to another. I've done a lot of migrations this way, and although it's a bit cumbersome & time consuming, it's the most reliable.

If it's kerio -> kerio you may need to connect to the OLD mailbox in a different way (like IMAP) because I'm not sure you can have 2 kerio mailboxes on one client machine.
  •  
BudDurland

There's a couple ways to go about this. I'm presuming the new server uses a different domain name.

One way to do it, as mentioned already, is to build the new server, then connect the clients to both servers and copy messages from the old to the new. Kinda time consuming, and won't move contacts, calendars, and tasks.

There are several IMAP migration tools that accomplish the above automagically. Kerio has one as well, click here for info. Same drawback, though regarding contacts.

The geeky way to do this, if you can afford the mail server downtime, is like so:

1) stop the Kerio service on the old & new servers.
2) find the user's folder in the old server's messages store (\kerio\mail\<domain>\
3) copy each user's folder to some external media
4) copy the users' folders from the media to the mail store on the NEW server.
5) restart Kerio on the servers
6) create the users on the new server with the EXACT SAME name as the old server. Change the password if desired.
7) when users log in, they should see all their "stuff"

It may do for you to set up forwarding on the old domain to push stray incoming mail to the new server.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
vboxx

I always use BudDurlands way, an extra option you can do is to copy-paste all the users out of the old 'users.cfg' and add them to the 'users.cfg' on the new server. That way you won't have to deal with the passwords as they stay the same on the new server. + you can keep aliases, groups, mailingslists etc. without making them in the GUI manually.
  •  
Lisa Lyons (Kerio)

The other way of doing something like this, if you are able to, is set up Distributed Domains, use the built in functions to migrate across those users you are splitting out, then do a domain rename.

I've had some luck with users doing exactly that.

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
Previous Topic: Kerio 8.1.2 IM Questions
Next Topic: When will Keio support Windows 8 mail app?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 22:26:09 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00389 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.