Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Call Pickup from Analogue Phone (Pickup from analog phone works for anyone?)
  •  
SBMT

Send a private message to this user
Does anybody know if Call Pickup with *8 works on Analog phones, specifically through Cisco SPA112? Call pickup on IP phones works, the pickup rooms are correctly configured, but analog phones seem to ignore the *8 of call pickup.

...or maybe I'm missing the correct procedure to pickup calls on analog phones?

Stefan
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

it works fine on my spa112, although there is a short delay before the *8 is dialed.

Make sure your spa112 has a correct dialplan. If it is provisioned, reboot it and give it a few minutes to sync.

It is also possible that it is mis-configured, intercepts the *8 code and doesn't dial it. Check the spa web administration and look for "*8" or factory reset the unit.

Best
Filip
  •  
SBMT

Hi Filip,

Sorry for the long time reply on this.

I went into all the configuration screens of my SPA112, but I cannot find
any reference to *8. Can you tell me under which screen I should find it,
just to make sure I did not miss it before I factory reset the unit another
time (because the first reset left things as they were before)?

Thanks,
Stefan
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi Stefan,

It is hard to say what to look for, because my spa112 works fine. It only takes a second or two, before the *8 code is dialed. I can work around this by dialing *8#.

There is a bunch of star codes under the "Regional" screen (Vertical Service Activation Codes). You could try erasing those that begin with *8. When I did that, the *8 is dialed immediately.

Best
Filip

[Updated on: Fri, 02 August 2013 07:58]

•  
SBMT

Good morning Filip,

After another factory reset, the thing started working again. It takes some time to dial the *8 on the SPA112 but if the user is patient enough he will pickup the call Smile

I didn't need to remove the parts with the *8 in front, they remained as before.

Thanks again for your precious help!
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Great! You can get rid of the delay by removing the *8 codes as the user won't use them anyway.
Previous Topic: Problem with Operator 2.1.4
Next Topic: Cannot register to SIP Trunk Provider
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 00:21:08 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00397 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.