Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Two simultaneous incoming call routes
  •  
supachicken

Send a private message to this user
Scenario; Pizza shop running Kerio Control & Operator using a Windows based POS that uses a caller id box so you can screen pop incoming calls.

What we need to do; have one interface route directly to two ringing groups

We need to use ringing groups because for the following reason; ringing group has two extensions, handset and callerid box that ring in parallel.

Failover is only valid if the extension is offline, which it isn't. Voicemail is disabled so we just get a user busy message on the calling phone.

Call Queues would work if you can add a ringing group but they only support extensions.

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

I believe that multiple registration should help. Have you tried to add another extension with the same number? The option is called "Add Another Registration" and can be found on the Extensions screen. It behaves similar to ring groups - all extensions ring at once. Then, you can use a call queue to distribute the calls.

Best
Filip
  •  
supachicken

Hi Filip,

Will this allow you two have two independent calls simultaneously?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Well, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. I thought you might configure something like:

External Interface -> Call Queue
Extension 10 with two sip accounts 10phone, 10box. (They ring both at once.)
Extension 11 with two sip accounts 11phone, 11box.
Configure the Call Queue with two static agents 10, 11 and select a strategy to distribute calls between agents, e.g. round robin / ringall

Filip
  •  
supachicken

Hi Filip,

That was my initial thought but the problem I have two problems.

1. The caller id box is passive
2. The caller id box needs to ring for 4 seconds before the phone can answer or it won't receive the caller id data, it receives it on the second ring.

Hence why I have a ringing group that has the caller id box as the extension and fails over to the phone extension after 4 seconds.

It's a little funny, I would of thought setting up multiple ata boxes running into pstn caller id boxes connecting via serial-to-usb adaptors would of been the hard part Confused

Dave.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

I have no idea how to do it. If you know linux, asterisk, shell scripting and a bit of regular expressions, I can give you means to modify asterisk configuration files after they are generated by Operator. That's the best I have for now.

Filip
  •  
silars

I don't believe VOIP technologies will allow this. You can't split one call into two calls. The signaling mechanisms don't allow this.

Your solution of using fallback from a ringing group would appear to be the only way to make your solution work using Operator, or any call manager.

The other option would be to use a PSTN splitter + ATAs and use some delay mechanisms to the VOIP side (4 seconds). This would allow the caller ID box to get its information before the VOIP system had a chance to pickup. This is a bit kludgy, though.
  •  
supachicken

If you could have sub ringing groups it would perfectly. eg... call route to ringing group which contains two ringing groups, but from what I can see you can only have extensions in ringing groups?
  •  
silars

That sounds more like multiple registration. You can have multiple SIP devices attached to an extension. A ringing group isn't much different. All devices in a ringing group are signaled, only one can pickup. Same with multiple registrations; all are ringed, only one can pickup.

Ringing groups just don't have VM and can be associated with dissimilar extensions.
  •  
silars

Just as an experiment, I did create two ringing groups with one RG as a fallback for the other after 5 seconds (enough time to capture the CID). This configuration sounds more like what you are wanting, instead of just two ringing groups.

It did allow that configuration. I have not tested it though.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Silars, yes, but supachicken wanted to balance one interface between two ring groups. One could do that with a call queue if it supported ring groups as agents. Currently it doesn't. I've tried to manually override it, but I didn't seem to work either. A call queue didn't know whether an agent (ring group) is busy or not, especially if the ring group falls back to another one.
  •  
silars

Hmm. I'm guessing I don't understand the problem.

To me, I was reading it as if Supa had a Caller ID device that he needed to get Call information to for display before anyone picked up the phone and interrupted that information transfer.

Balancing the call routing between two ringing groups is a different issue.
  •  
supachicken

Heya Guys,

Yeah you are right Silars that is the first part of the problem which works fine but balancing between two different call groups is what we need. Might need to look at a different PBX
  •  
silars

Please forgive my ignorance, but it isn't quite clear to me why you need to balance the calls in the first place.

Why not just ring all devices after getting the Caller ID information to the POS station?
supachicken

there are two separate callerid units
Previous Topic: Operator to Operator link
Next Topic: Problem with Operator 2.1.4
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 09:01:23 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00568 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.