Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Connect 64bit on Debian 7 64bit
  •  
padonker

Send a private message to this user
Hi people,

I've just downloaded a 64bit trial version of Kerio Connect and tried installing it on Debian 7 64bit.
As soon as I start the Connect installer I get this:

Architecture i386 is not allowed in your system

Installation cannot continue. To fix this problem you have to add a
foreign architecture into your package system with the following
commands.

dpkg --add-architecture i386

apt-get update

Adding 386 architecture does solve it, but that installs an additional 223mb of dependencies! Looks like Connect isnt a real 64 bit application?
Release notes tell me that Debian 7 64bit is supported and the Connect version I am trying to install is kerio-connect-8.1.2-1523-linux-amd64.deb
I'm pretty sure Debian is also 64bit:
uname -a
Linux mail 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.46-1 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Did I miss something?
Thanks!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

No. Kerio Connect is 64-bit. But the installation package contains one part of the product, which requires 32-bit libraries - integrated Sophos antivirus.
  •  
padonker

Ok, can I install without Sophos? I am not planning to install >200mb of libraries just for Sophos. I already have a spam appliance running.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 July 2013 11:51]

•  
Mark Price (Kerio)

Hi There!

I'm sorry to say but Sophos is an intergrated part of the installation so you will need to add these libraries, even if you do not plan on using the Antivirus.

Its always a good idea to have an extra layer of protection though so it may be worth having it as a backup layer!

I hope this helps.

Mark Price
Kerio technical support.

Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
padonker

Ok, thanks...will be skipping this version. Hopefully there will be a full 64bit release soon.

[Updated on: Wed, 17 July 2013 12:02]

•  
swplan

Hey Pavel,

do we need this libraries just for installer? So if it's possible to remove this after setup is done? Or do we also need for updates?

Regards,
etests
Previous Topic: Calendars or Contacts accounts suddenly disappears.
Next Topic: Blank emails
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 06:39:43 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00448 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.