Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » EMERGENCY!!! - Please help
  •  
McIrish

Send a private message to this user
I'm in a world of hurt. We are running 8.1. KC is running on a Xenserver as a VM. I updated Xenserver and now the KC VM blue screens. No matter what I try, I am unable to get it back online. The mail store is on a separate local storage drive in Xenserver. I figure my only hope of saving our mail and my job is to make a new mail server and copy over the configuration files from the old non-functioning server. I can attach it and look at it as a drive.
Has anyone done this before? Do you have any steps? Man... this is a nightmare. I keep hoping I will wake up.
  •  
McIrish

Thank God! and Thank You Kerio!!!
Wow!
I built a new server, installed KC, stopped the mail services, attached the mail store drive, copied over the config files from the old server and IT WORKED!
Only thing not working is active sync licensing. I don't know why they didn't carry over. I need to get that figured out so the phones will all work.
I've been pretty hard on Kerio for some stuff, but I pulled this off without any help, mainly because it makes sense.
Thank you Kerio.
  •  
McIrish

After a reboot, active sync is working again. IM is down, but that isn't a big concern at all. I'm very impressed with how easy and straight forward it is to move all your configurations between computer. I would never have been able to do what I just did with Exchange. I just wish Kerio had 24 hour support, even if its paid. that would have eased my mind.
I hope this post helps someone else in the future.
  •  
Vicky

Hi McIrish,

You can call technical support anytime as we have weekend support now. No matter what time you call you will get someone that speaks English to help as we use all of our inter nation offices to help bridge the gap. Feel free to call any time as we do have 24/7 support available.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
McIrish

Hmmm. I will have to find that support number. The standard support number gave me an automated message that kerio support is available M-F and the time, then said Kerio was closed.
Having 24Hr support (even paid) is ver needed as most IT stuff has to happen after hours and on weekends.
  •  
Vicky

Hi McIrish,

What phone number were you using? As the regular support number should still put you through. Let me know which number you used and I can look into this. Also where are you located UK/Ireland etc.....

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
McIrish

I called 1-888-77-KERIO
Maybe there is a different number, but I didn't have it and wasn't able to easily find it. I was pretty stressed, so it could have been right in front of me and I would have missed it.
  •  
Vicky

Hey McIrish,

Try calling the number listed here next time you need help over the weekend or out of normal working hours during the week:

http://www.kerio.com/support/locations

As the number for tech support on that page is different than the 1-888-77-KERIO number, I do believe that is the main number and may not be the tech support number. But try the one in the link above.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
McIrish

thanks. i will keep that handy for the next crisis.
Previous Topic: help
Next Topic: Kerio Migrate Tool Error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 18:12:32 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00475 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.