Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Gmail Corp account SMTP unique mail id's - causing duplicate messages (Gmail Corp account SMTP unique mail id's - causing duplicate messages)
  •  
josef

Send a private message to this user
I just rolled out Kerio v8.1.2 MacOSX, purchased it end of last year, but just got around to rolling it out. Sending/receiving in my little test setup worked great.

We use Gmail (corp account, so all users are managed) and gmail uses our smtp server for outgoing mail to our kerio server via port 587.

The issue is whether having users send outgoing mail to our server or use gmail servers for sending. If a user sends a message to 2 people in our office (on the server) or lets say they send me a message to my address and an alias of my address, or a group i am in. i will get the message twice, or 3 times if send to all 3. I looked in the mail log, and looks like gmail (corp) smtp sending whether its gmail servers or use your own, its smtp connection makes a seperate connection smtp for each TO/CC/BCC and kerio sees this as a different message ID.

This does not happen when you use a normal gmail account in this fashion, even if you have gmail use your smtp server.

Also i have had duplicates form other companies using gmail corp edition to more than 1 user in our company, and the ID's are unique.

The previous CYRUS apple mail server, also see's these as unique but does not deliver more than 1 message to a users mailbox, even if the message is sent to them/an alias to them, and a group they belong to.

so i am confused, can this be resolved?

we also have archive on, and sending to a bcc archive mailbox, and things fill up, and users are confused when they receive a message in their inbox more than once, if they are are also part of the group the mail was sent to

thanks
Previous Topic: Kerio Migrate Tool Error
Next Topic: Your fulltext index is being reindexed
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 07:11:57 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00368 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.