Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Stopping in progresss backup?
  •  
j.a.duke

Send a private message to this user
I had a situation with my server where it was convinced that it was in the middle of a backup, yet nothing was being copied at the time and the elapsed time kept incrementing when the time remaining was stuck at something like 'less than a minute'.

In looking at disk activity, there wasn't anything happening, yet KC was convinced that it was busy with said backup.

I had rebooted the server last evening and everything appeared to be functional at the time.

I'm running KC 7.4.1 on Mac OS X 10.5.8 (it's like the cobbler's children lacking shoes-my own mail server has the least power/disk of all the servers I administer).

I finally had to reboot the system-trying to stop KC, either from the system preference pane or command line didn't kill the mailserver process.

So, how does one kill a runaway backup? I'd like to not have to do what I did (trying to kill the process or rebooting the machine).

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
Vicky

Hi Jon,

Sadly that is the only way I know of to kill a backup. You would have to kill the Kerio Connect process to end the backup that is doing or thinks it is doing.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
j.a.duke

Vicky Cinelli (Kerio) wrote on Thu, 18 July 2013 06:46
Hi Jon,

Sadly that is the only way I know of to kill a backup. You would have to kill the Kerio Connect process to end the backup that is doing or thinks it is doing.

All the best,
Vicky

Vicky,

Thanks for the info. I was expecting that answer, but figured asking wouldn't hurt.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jon
Previous Topic: Service Kerio mail temporarily not working
Next Topic: Missing Resource Sharing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 24 10:34:13 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00407 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.