Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Spell check broken in IE 8/9
  •  
JohnD

Send a private message to this user
I have gotten many complaints from my end users that spell check is not working in the new Kerio Connect client in IE 8/9. I have performed many tests and it works great in the latest Firefox and Chrome browsers. It even works in IE 10 (but IE 10 breaks other things in the client and is only available for my Windows 7 users). The spell check is the most important thing for me to get to work, but I have also found that dragging a file over into the client and dropping it to attach it to the email you are composing also doesn't work in IE 8/9/10, but does work in Firefox and Chrome.

I have the webmail site in listed in the intranet zone and the default security set to Low. Does anyone have spell check working in IE 8/9? I unfortunately still have a good many Windows XP machines and I don't want to roll out Chrome or Firefox due to 1) another program to maintain, support, and update, and 2) many of our work sites are specifically programmed to IE, so people would have to know based on the website whether to use Chrome/Firefox or IE.

Anyone got any advice or things for me to try?
  •  
Charles B

Send a private message to this user
IE 8 and 9 don't include spell check, unlike Firefox and Chrome.Technically this isn't a Kerio issue, but rather one of choosing a browser with built-in spell check. However, since Kerio used to include a spell checker in their email, and dropped it for their new webmail, it kinda is their issue. If you go to webmail feedback, you'll see that "Spell Check!!!" is the number two issue. If it matters to you, please add your vote and tell your complainers about it.

Unfortunately, you have already discarded what would be my first advice option: switch to a better browser.

My second thing to try, would be to make everyone use the old webmail by default. When you are in the admin screens, you can make it the server default under configuration advanced options. That way everyone can have a spelling checker, and if they want to use the new webmail they can individually choose to switch, with full knowledge that they are giving up spell check. Most of my users despise the new webmail, but they're getting used to it because I made it the default. You could go the opposite route.

As a third choice, you could try an IE add on. ieSpell, or Speckie are a couple of possible options.

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
Previous Topic: Bug in Global Adress Book
Next Topic: Client upgrade error 1925 with Updater Service installed
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 18:28:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00371 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.