Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Duplicate Messages delivered (Duplicate Messages delivered to a user with an alias, sent to both from some SMTP mail servers)
  •  
josef

Send a private message to this user
Just deployed Kerio and i am seeing some SMTP servers make more than 1 SMTP delivery connection when sending to multiple users on the same server, not all but some do this.

eg: 3rd party email via their server sends an email to a user on my kerio mail server, they also in the same email either TO or CC put a alias email (or group email) that the individual is part of as well on our server

To: user1@domain.com, group1@domain.com (group1@domain.com -> goes to user1<_at_>domain.com and others)

the 3rd party mail server via the logs on keroi makes 2 smtp sends, 1 for user1@domain and 1 for group1<_at_>domain) and the SMTP id is of course unique since its a different SMTP delivery request. Well user 1 gets this email twice in their inbox.

this does not happen from MOST SMTP mail servers, but it happening more often now.

On my old mail server the server i checked, and it was seeing the same thing, unique delivery requests, BUT it was smart enough to know they were the same, and 1 was already delivered to user1, so no need to ALSO deliver the group1 email to that user as well.

How can i get kerio configured so my users dont get multiple copies of emails from the outside world when some 3rd party mail servers make individual connections for each sending to/cc address.

some of my users belong to multiple email groups, and if someone which happens often sends to lets say 5 groups the user belongs to they get the message 5 times in their inbox.

PLEASE HELP!
Previous Topic: Two domains with different SMTP settings possible?
Next Topic: Windows Server 2012 and Direct Access
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 10:38:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00339 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.