Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Music on hold choppy for incoming calls
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We are using Operator 2.1.3. This issue has existed previously and is not new to this version.

Music on hold sounds great/perfect on internal, extension-extension calls.

But for incoming calls MOH sounds choppy/scratchy and the volume is perhaps too loud.

I am using custom MOH files but, again, they sound great internally.

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
silars

Do you use any VoIP Gateways?

I have found the digital<->analog conversion can introduce sound artifacts. You may have to fine tune your gateways.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

If you're using SIP, please check the codecs used for internal and external calls. If they differ, you setup an extension with the codec used for outbound/inbound calls and listen to the music on hold to rule out any local codec issues. You can also change the codec used on the external interface.

These issues may also be caused by a bandwidth limit, high latency, network quality, etc.

Filip
  •  
fishtech

Hi,

I don't think this is a bandwidth issue. We have a pipe consisting of 6 xT1 bonded together, and the problem exists even if use of the pipe is minimal (say, out of office hours).

Re. SIP, I have a PRI from ATT. It comes in to the building via IP.

Last time I spoke with ATT they said I had SIP. But I think what ATT calls SIP is different to most people's SIP. I say this since, after switching to Operator, we retained the same contract and PRI service incoming with our old digital phone system. We made no changes to the contract or service on switching to Operator.

So, our PRI comes in via IP. ATT is calling it SIP, but I don't think it's what you are calling SIP.

The attached image shows how my PRI card is configured.

Can I change codecs on the external interface to test the MOH?

Thanks,

ft.

Previous Topic: Returning call back to queue
Next Topic: DND and BLF
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 07:45:37 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.