Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Cisco 79xx hanging calls
  •  
dmiller528

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I am having problems trying to setup a Cisco 7970 and 7931. I have the appropriate SIP firmware loaded and have to phones provisioned in Operator with extensions. I can make outgoing calls.

The problem is incoming calls. When a call comes in the phone will ring and show the caller ID on the screen. I works exactly how I would expect it to work(had them hooked to a Cisco Unified before). The problem is when the call disconnects. Either by hanging up or timeout from not answering. The display will still show there is an active call. It will not go away until I reboot the phone.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
David
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hello,

what firmware version do you use with the 7970? I have one sitting on my desk and it works fine.

Filip
  •  
dmiller528

I am running version 8.5.3 on the 7970 and the 31

Thanks,
David
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the behavior on 8.5.3. It seems to be an issue of the 8.5.3 version though. Can I suggest you to downgrade to 8.5.2? When I've done that, the problem disappeared.

The upgrade/downgrade process for these phones is a bit annoying. Basically, you have to find the firmware "cmterm-7970_7971-sip.8-5-2.cop", extract the contents to a tftp server (you can use Operator's /var/tftp/), create a XmlDefault.cnf.xml file and replace string "SCCP70.8-3-1S" with "SIP70.8-5-2S". If everything goes well, the phone should fetch the firmware files while booting and downgrade.

Best
Filip

•  
dmiller528

That did the trick! I have both my phones working with 8.5.2

Thanks!
David
Previous Topic: Outgoing Faxes - activation fro all users
Next Topic: call permissions and blocked ip addresses
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 11:21:01 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00466 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.