Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » call permissions and blocked ip addresses
  •  
nebor

Send a private message to this user
hi,

i hope my questions absolutely new:) and everyone will be interested to find solutions, or totally ancient and everyone knows how to deal with them:).
last time i try 3cx and it works, but not in time when i need it, only after restart. so now i try operator, and everything goes well before i wish to:
- manually block particular ip address. is it true that host addresses added only automatically and for 100 days only? little bit funny to wait forever to block professionals with 4 attempts @ 20-60 min pattern and for only 100 days;
- add large number of prefixes to call permission group. is it possible to copy-paste or export-import somewhere somehow to add hundreds or thousands prefixes? as far as i understood no .conf file to add or modify, i'm new to linux and voip, and nobody will control my family when they will call premium directions, but i know the guy who will pay for contract, so i need bullet-proof blacklist for "expensive" prefixes.

thank you
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Quote:
manually block particular ip address

You can use the internal firewall to block IP addresses or even whole IP ranges. Add the desired addresses to an IP Address Group and use the group in the firewall.

Quote:
add large number of prefixes to call permission group

It's not possible to import hundreds of prefixes. However, since we're talking about prefixes, one can easily narrow the list down to a few items by combining them.
  •  
nebor

thank you for your quick response and ideas.

it seems to me that firewall designed as exclusive whitelist, single selected group can be exclusively allowed but can not be disallowed. am i miss something?

i found the dial plan of large voip provider, 27k prefixes for individual destinations, i can allow only "cheapest" 18k from 27k - this is "thousands". of course i can narrow down and add at least:
- sat providers - few prefixes
- countries in africa and exotic islands - dozens prefixes
- all premium directions 600-700-900 - dozens prefixes
- some extremely expensive mobile operators - dozens prefixes
then i need to multiply all that jazz by 2, i would allow my mom dial from funny papers and dad from address book and very likely they will use different formats - here comes the "hundreds".

thank you
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

Quote:
it seems to me that firewall designed as exclusive whitelist, single selected group can be exclusively allowed but can not be disallowed. am i miss something?

Yes, that's correct. For any advanced features you would need to use a grown-up firewall.

Quote:
...large number of prefixes...

The feature wasn't designed for such high number of prefixes. I bet you've already considered that, but you could do it the other way around. Instead of blacklisting, just whitelist the local prefixes which you expect your parents to call.

Filip
  •  
nebor

thank you, bad news.
Previous Topic: Cisco 79xx hanging calls
Next Topic: Operator to Operator link
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 14:19:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00399 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.