Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Using MSI files (Problem with msi installs)
  •  
macgvr

Send a private message to this user
I am having a problem getting my msi install to work. I finally turned on logging and found out that the install is changing the default path information to something else for the install. Example from the log file, "Modifying WindowsVolume property. Its current value is 'C:\'. Its new value: 'J:\WinRoot\." It does this for the Program Files, Windows and System 32 path, and others. The result is that the GPO policy won't distribute and if I try to uninstall the msi install, I get the error that it isn't installed. The first time I saw the changed path info, it pointed to a drive letter that was no longer necessary, so I removed it. It simply chose the next drive letter and did the same thing. The system path info is correct when you run the path command and I can't think of what else could be causing this behavior.

When the browse window comes up to select the location to install the msi, it defaults to the drive letter it ultimately changes the path to.

I am trying to install it to drive D: so as to not fill up my C: drive, which has limited room. I have used the UNC path that points to that drive and the drive letter. Both ways give me the same results. Totally baffled at this point. Any help is appreciated.
  •  
Lisa Lyons (Kerio)

Hi,

The installation of KOFF the program itself is not large, it is the message store that IS large. It's possible to change the location of the message store through the methods detailed here: http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/email-clients/keri o-outlook-connector/how-to-modify-store-location-for-the-ker io-outlook-connector-offline-258.html

It is strange, however, that you are experiencing these issues, but the above may be a more beneficial

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
macgvr

This has nothing to do with installing Kerio Connect koff software on the workstation. This has to do with creating an administrative install for distributing the koff and updater software via group policy. I actually tried installing the administrative install to the C: drive. Same issue as before. Something weird is going on that simply doesn't make sense.
Previous Topic: Kerio on Windows Server 2008 authenticate to OD on Mac
Next Topic: kerio assist
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 15:50:27 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00413 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.