Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Company wide voicemail (Cannot create a mailbox)
  •  
mikeeteevee

Send a private message to this user
I'm struggling to understand how I made a voicemail box for the entire company.

In the company we have an Operator box in, the throughput is this simple.

The ringing groups mean that the outside line to the first number [group 1] (10) hits user (11) and then after ten seconds, goes to [group 2](12, 13, 14, 15, 16) after ten seconds it falls back to [group 3] I have added a user and extension called (17) that rings for 1 second with the expactancy of using it as a mailbox. It seems to fail because it is not allocated to a hardware telephone. I imagined this would just simply go straight to VM.

It never works, it always loops back to [group 1]

How do I set up a single user as voicemail, so that the final number in the range collects mail?

[Updated on: Tue, 30 July 2013 17:12]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

user ringing rules and voicemail are not applied when an extension is dialed using the ring group. This is done by a purpose so that a user doesn't break a ring group when he sets his extension to not ring.

Why don't you route calls directly to number 17?
For example: [group1]=fallback=>[group 2]=fallback=>17

Or even better, enable voicemail direct dial and use the prefix to get to the desired voicemail. For the default prefix of 7, you could set the fallback number to 717.

Best
Filip
  •  
mikeeteevee

Thanks for your help.

That's how I have it right now:

Group 1 ----> Group 2 -----> Group 3 [voicemail]

The phone does not go to voicemail presently if I dial it direct, it looks to group 1 and 2 if I dial the extension number for voicemail.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

I don't think I understand you.

When you dial 17, are you transfered to voicemail after one second?
  •  
mikeeteevee

No, it loops the call around to the other phones. in the group order.

So I directly dial 17 and I can trace it hitting the main extension number and then follow up numbers, as per the group order. I've attached a screenshot of how this looks.

(so in actual fact you can see the groups are called 9001, 9002, 9003.

If I ring extension 217, the call in real time, goes 9001 ---> 9002 ---> 9001 ---> 9002 over and over.

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

I'm still not sure that I understand it well. Is extension 217 a regular Extension assigned to a user with ring rules configured to go immediately to voicemail?

As I said before, user ringing rules and voicemail are not applied when an extension is dialed using a ring group. Just get rid of group 9003 and set the fallback of 9002 to number 217.

Can you please send me a Support Info file, it would help me better to understand your setup. Click on a link at the bottom of the System Health screen and email the file to fjenicek<_at_>kerio.com.

Best
Filip
  •  
mikeeteevee

Just to let you know, I managed to fix this with your advice. Smile
Previous Topic: KO 2.1.4
Next Topic: Internal & External Call Drop Out 30 Minutes - -HangupCause: Normal Clearing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 07:28:08 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00475 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.