Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Multiple domains and the GAL gone AWOL
  •  
CarlH

Send a private message to this user
OK, newb here with many years managing Exchange 2003. Looking into Connect as an alternative to Exchange 2010/13 migration.

So far I've successfully sent and received mail with Outlook 2010 and the KOC offline plugin.

Server:
Windows 2012 Essentials fully patched
Kerio Connect and KADE 8.1.2
Active directory domain: mydomain.local

Kerio Mail:
Primary domain configured: mydomain.net (Active directory mapping successful)
Additional domain: mydomain.com (Active directory mapping successful)

Two questions for now:

1. If I create a user in Windows ADU&C, in that environment, the account gets a Kerio Connect tab, with a checkbox for "Mail account enabled" and the button "Email addresses" reveals an address of joeuser<_at_>mydomain.local. Of course, I'm not using mydomain.local outside of AD, and I can't add the address for mydomain.net. If this was Exchange, I could put any address from any recipient domain on the ADU&C E-mail address tab, but with Kerio I'm restricted to the AD domain name, which is invalid for mail use. So what good does the E-mail address button serve (p.s. I'm not given the opportunity to not use a .local domain when installing Essentials 2012).

2. Now when the account I created in ADU&C appears in Kerio administration, the E-mail address listed there is joeuser@mydomain.net, as I'd expect. Then I get a separate entry for joeuser<_at_>mydomain.com under that domain. But aren't these two separate mailboxes for that AD user? Is there no way receive mail for multiple domains into a single mailbox as Exchange does so easily?

3. Finally (unrelated to the above), when trying to open another user's calendar from Outlook, I discovered that the other users in Kerio Connect were unknown to Outlook. There's nothing I can find that resembles a GAL, despite all users created thus far having check-marks to be included in the GAL. Did I miss a step somewhere? I wouldn't think that I should need to manually create a separate LDAP address book for the Kerio server to see the GAL - or am I mistaken?

Thanks, and BTW have searched and Googled and not come up with anything useful.
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect 8.1.2 - Doesnt start on Server 2012
Next Topic: 8.1 and outlook 2011
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 24 10:36:56 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00847 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.