Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Cannot register to SIP Trunk Provider (Bug or lack of feature)
  •  
garmont

Send a private message to this user
In some specific scenarios, there is no posiibility to build proper register string with the Add/Edit SIP Interface Dialog Box.

This is my register parameters (from my SIP Provider)
Phone numbers: 123456780 - 123456789
User auth: AUTHUSR
User pass: *****
User: 123456780
Domain: mydomain.providerdomain.com
Register/proxy in/out: a.b.c.d

The problem is: domain is diffrent from register server and is not in DNS system.

Asterisk Format for registration is:
[peer?][transport://]user[@domain][:secret[:authuser]]@host[:port][/extension][~ expiry]

So my register string should be something like this:
register => 123456780@mydomain.providerdomain.com:*****:AUTHUSR<_at_>a.b.c.d/123456780

The dialog Box should have addditional field to enter domain name.

Is there any (possible fast) solution to this problem?
For example manually change configuration files?

Krzysztof

ps
Sorry for my English

[Updated on: Thu, 01 August 2013 15:42]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi Krzysztof,

Operator currently doesn't support this scenario. We are aware of the problem and we are working on a solution.

Best
Filip
  •  
garmont

Hi Filip,
That's too bad.

I've just buy Kerio Operator. It worked on my old provider, but I have to change to this one, which is not supported.
Any timeline, when this feature will be implemented?

Meanwhile, I have temporary, very ugly solution, for those, who can't wait and have local DNS server.

1. Define in your local dns server domain "providerdomain.com".
2. Create record A: mydomain -> a.b.c.d (register, proxy in/out server).
3. Create A records for all hosts from providerdomain.com wich you must reach in the future to real values (in my case its www, where is my admin/user console to my account).
4. In Kerio Operator set Hostname of sip registrar and Proxy in/out to "mydomain.providerdomain.com".
5. Set User ID to 123456780.

Works, but only for one number from trunk (so called pilot user). Mapping incoming calls to internal extensions based on called number doesn't work.
It seems, that using SIP trunk (10 numbers) with one User ID doesn't work either.

Regards
Krzysztof
  •  
silars

+1 for posting your solution. Thanks for contributing to the forums.
Previous Topic: Call Pickup from Analogue Phone
Next Topic: Call parking collisions
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 08:39:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00410 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.