Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Voicemail greeting options (Need transfer options during voicemail greetings)
  •  
blswjames

Send a private message to this user
Something that appears to be missing from Operator is the ability to have certain buttons perform special actions during the voicemail greeting playback. More specifically, it is often desirable to allow a caller to back out of the voicemail prompt and instead ring the default operator pool (or admin assist, etc.) For example, in my personal voicemail greeting, I can say something like, "...or press zero for the operator to have me paged."

Is there a way to do this currently? I can't find it anywhere if so. If not, then I'd like to request this feature. At the very least, the voicemail system should accept 0 (zero) to call the operator (or operator ringing group) at whatever extension that might be. It may seem like a minor feature, but it's one that certain people aren't willing to live without. Especially executives and sales people.

The only work-around I came up with is to set up auto attendant scripts for everyone who needs this feature, then configure a bunch of round-a-bout extension forwarding in order to make those scripts act like their voicemail greeting. But doing it this way, however, the user loses the ability to manage their own voicemail greeting should they ever wish to change it.

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

I have some pretty good news for you. It is already part of Operator 2.2.0 beta 1 which should come out later this week.

I look forward to your feedback. However, please note that beta versions are not suitable for production use.

Best
Filip
  •  
blswjames

Excellent! This is good news, indeed!
  •  
blswjames

Any word on the progress of this? When it was mentioned that it was included in the next beta, I guess I was expecting something within a two-four week timeframe. Since we're now going on week 9 and there's a "beta 3", I'm assuming that there has been some trouble getting it ready for production. Because 9 weeks is too long to wait between paychecks, we're debating on just going ahead with using beta 3 in the production environment. Do you think it's safe enough that we can use for the time being? Or does it look like the final release is imminent?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi James,

We are now pretty close to an RC version and the final release as well.

Vladimir
  •  
blswjames

Surprised

Excited about 2.2 release today!!

It looks like you guys really packed in a lot this go around. Definitely looking forward to the new provisioning profiles.
Previous Topic: Using Operator with Flextor CTI: Weird problems
Next Topic: cisco spa504g not working auto configuration
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 07:44:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00453 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.