Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Directory server connection issue
  •  
Aeonium

Send a private message to this user
Good morning all,

I have a bit of an interesting one on my hands here, put simply I left the office Friday and all was working well (as it has done so for the past few years!) but at some point after me leaving Kerio seemed to go in to a little fit, refusing any emails spitting back the error "Directory server not available or failed"

Magically this fixed itself at 2am this morning before I had a chance to address it... and subsequently it spat out a large queue of messages to their various destinations.

Now I am the kind of person that severely dislikes errors that magically fix themselves for no apparent reason... the only log I have found that has any sort of record is the Kerio warning log which essentially sat there from sometime late Friday until 2:40 this morning spamming the below in to its log for EVERY single address in the system...

[04/Aug/2013 18:12:49] Directory server failure while expanding address <user<_at_>domain.com>, expanded to 0 recipients
[04/Aug/2013 18:12:55] Directory server failure while expanding address <user<_at_>domain.com>, expanded to 1 recipients

Could anyone possibly shed some light on to why it suddenly decided to not only do this, but magically fix itself... I cannot afford to have an error that takes a couple of days to fix itself happen in the middle of a work day!

Thanks.
  •  
MarkK

Did the directory services account that the mail server is using somehow get locked out, and then clear itself after the lockout timed out?
Just a stab in the dark.
  •  
Aeonium

I wish it was so simple.

The directory server logged no problems, the accounts don't have a lockout policy (since its basically an antique system, the last remnant of an old way of doing things... it only has our email accounts now)

It's almost like Kerio just decided it didn't want to connect to it anymore... The interesting thing is I would expect that without the directory server that email could still be delivered to mailboxes ready to be collected by clients when the connection returns... but that didn't happen, it was causing return emails to anyone sending in saying the directory was failing or offline and their email was put in a queue
  •  
MarkK

You can always turn on the Debug log for Directory Service Lookup, but it will produce a pretty big log, and unless the issue happens again, you may not get a definite answer.
Previous Topic: Mail from my own domain
Next Topic: send email to admin on large smtp send
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 13:42:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00347 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.