Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Android user constantly gets 'Update Security Settings"
  •  
MarkK

Send a private message to this user
I have an Android phone user that every morning and multiple times a day will get a message on his phone to Update Security Settings. Clicking on the message takes you to the email configuration screens. This started when we added the connection to the Kerio server on his phone. He has a PIN based lock on the phone. How can we find out what else does it wants that it keeps making this pop up?
  •  
Vicky

Hi Mark,

Has the user installed the SSL cert from Kerio onto the device? If the user hasn't have them go to their Android web browser and type in https://[server address]/server.cer so for example:

https://mail.domain.co.uk/server.cer

That may help with the message but then again it might not but its worth a shot.

I hope this helps,
Vicky

[Updated on: Wed, 07 August 2013 11:58]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

MarkK wrote on Tue, 06 August 2013 02:04
I have an Android phone user that every morning and multiple times a day will get a message on his phone to Update Security Settings. Clicking on the message takes you to the email configuration screens. This started when we added the connection to the Kerio server on his phone. He has a PIN based lock on the phone. How can we find out what else does it wants that it keeps making this pop up?

That message means that the device is not accepting or applying the security policy from server. This is required for possible Device Wipe.
It happens with some unsupported devices. I recommend to run latest Kerio Connect and contacting our technical support with device information and debug log with Exchange Activesync messages.
Previous Topic: No BCC recipient with catchall
Next Topic: Enabeling DSN
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 05:53:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00390 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.