Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » No BCC recipient with catchall (BCC-recipient does not receive mail when also local 'TO:' recipient exists)
  •  
BSchwarte

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

this one has been asked back in 2004, but it is still a problem:
When receiving mails with Kerio-Connect 8.1.2 from a POP3 catchall, when there are a local 'TO:' recipient as well as a local 'BCC:' recipient, only the 'TO:' recipient receives his mail, whereas the 'BCC'-recipient receives no mail at all. The logs show two mails being retrieved from the catchall, but only one delivered.
Manual testing shows: While the mails are sitting in the catchall-mailbox, their headers only differ in the 'Envelope-to' (NOT 'X-Envelope-to'!) field: With the 'BCC'-recipient's mail, the line contains the BCC-mailadress, with the 'TO:'-recipient's mail it contains the main recipient's mailadress.
The pop3-downloader seems not to take this into account. Since duplicates are switched off in the configuration, the downloader seems to simply ignore the BCC-Mail. When duplicates are activated, the 'TO:' recipient receives two mails...

What can i do to get around this problem?

TIA
B. Schwarte
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

What's your POP3 sorting rules in Kerio Connect?
Have you configure it for X-Envelope-To header or Envelope-To?
  •  
BSchwarte

Hi Pavel,

sorting rule is set to 'Received'. I cannot select 'Envelope-to', only choices are 'Received', 'X-Envelope-to' and 'Delivered-to'.
  •  
BSchwarte

Stupid me,

of course i may enter the 'Envelope-To' in the listbox on the config screen, even if it is not listed in the options - or manually change the mailserver.cfg, which i did.

Problem solved, BCC's are delivered

Best regards
B. Schwarte
Previous Topic: KOC Doesn't Work on Windows 8
Next Topic: Android user constantly gets 'Update Security Settings"
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 19:36:45 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00430 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.