Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » auto provisioning Cisco IP phone 7490G fails
  •  
PPG

Send a private message to this user
Have followed the instructions: http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-operator/server-configurat ion-kerio-operator/configuring-automatic-phone-provisioning- 820.html

Connected a Cisco 7940G IP Phone. I can see in the DHCP server yhat an ip adress was provided to the phone, see the phone showing up in Operator on the Provisioned phones list, remains unregistered.

But then the phone does not stop its boot / startup sequece. It says at a certain point "file not found: United_Sta"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

It's just a guess, but you might need to flash the phone with the correct sip firmware.
  •  
PPG

Hello Filip. Thanks for your suggestion. Since i'm a total newb as far as it concerns voip and IP telephones (but trying to get the grasp of it) my question to you would be:

what would the "correct sip firmware" be for a Cisco 7940G phone? Where to get it? How to flash?

Thank you for any help provided.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

If it was only that simple, these phones are really hard to manage.

The whole upgrade process is described here: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Cisco+7940+7960+Single+St ep+Upgrade

Use google to find the firmware, there are several sites out there caching the cisco firmwares. You can try to download "cmterm-7940-7960-8.7.00-sip.cop" from *h*t*t*p://ftp.itl.ua/pub/cisco/ip-7900ser/. Rename it to *.tgz, extract the contents and upload it to a tftp server. You can use the Operator's internal tftp server /var/tftp.

You also need to create a proper xmldefault.cnf.xml file. See http://forums.kerio.com/mv/msg/25257/105086/#msg_105086

Unfortunately, I don't any 7940 phone so I can't give you precise directions. Be prepared to spend several hours convincing the phone to upgrade :-/

[Updated on: Thu, 08 August 2013 10:39]

•  
PPG

Thanks again.

I'll get into that within days. Will let you now about the results.
Previous Topic: blf on Cisco 79xx
Next Topic: Paging on Snom 820/870
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 14:55:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00414 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.