Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Double booking Conference room location (We have conference rooms that are being double booked by clients)
  •  
Jen

Send a private message to this user
I have heard of this happening around the office, yet today I finally saw it in the real. One conference room was booked for two different meetings and had accepted the invite for both parties. Very difficult to fix, and I cannot figure it out. Somehow the calendar delegate is not syncing completely when booking room, and then it accepts two bookings for the same time simultaneously.

I have included pics. For both parties it said room was available, but one party DID book in a considerable amount of time before the other I just don't know when. How do I fix this from happening again, it keeps happening.

•  
fishtech

What do the events show in Free/Busy?

ft.
  •  
Jen

They show up as busy. Which is what was perplexing to me. I know that if one was free by mistake that could have explained it.
  •  
fishtech

Do your users use an OS calendar client or webmail to make bookings?

If a calendar client...

Is is possible the first booking could have been offline (say a laptop with no network connection) at the time the booking was made? Perhaps the client came back online after and sent the booking AFTER the 2nd booking was made.

I am really not sure how this scenario would be processed by the Kerio server, but I'm looking to post-rationalize your problem Smile

ft.
  •  
Jen

Yes I am using osX 10.8 calendar client for the server, and the meetings are being booked via the calendar client on our employees computers.

I did first assume that there was a possibility that having no internet connection would create this issue, but when then connecting again, there should have been no notification that the room had been accepted. (or produced an error) I have had the experience that whenever there was a synching issue it is more likely than not to just say the room is not available and we deal with it then.

Any ideas? Both parties had emails/notifications that the room had accepted invite.
  •  
Jen

Thank you by the way
Previous Topic: Returning email as SPAM
Next Topic: Increase of process-threads after upgrade to 8.1.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 23:58:43 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00390 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.