Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Global Address Book, 2 domains
  •  
BudDurland

Send a private message to this user
My server is currently hosting two separate domains. it appears that there is no way to a create a "unified" Global Address List so that users in Domain1 will see addresses for people in Domain2

Or did I miss something obvious?

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
Jonas Rodrigues (Kerio)

Hi Bud Durland,

To do that you will need to change your public folders settings within Configuration -> Domains -> Public Folders.

Change Unique for each domain to Global to all domains.

All the best,

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
BudDurland

Will I need to tweak folder security after that?

--Mammy Yokum
  •  
Vicky

Hi Bud,

You would need to tweak folder permissions on new folders yes. When you switch to global folders you have to copy/paste the old public folders into the new one. This article will help with that transition:

http://kb.kerio.com/720

Moving the folders should retain permissions set previously but you may want to check the permissions once they are in the new location. The main security 'tweaks' you will need to do is when new public folders are made, you will need to set the permissions for domain/user otherwise all users might be able to see them.

I hope this helps,
Vicky
  •  
BudDurland

I'm having to think about this -- although I'd like to have a global address book, it appears I'm also moving shared public mail folders, calendars, etc. I want to make sure I'm not stepping in something messy

--Mammy Yokum
  •  
Vicky

Hi Bud,

Yeah, you will need to consider the impact as making the public folders global will affect all public folders including calendars, contacts and mail folders. Like I said about most of the sharing permissions should be fine but you will need to check the root permissions of the #public folder as these permissions can be proper gated down to all subfolders.

I hope this helps,
Vicky
  •  
AskingJustin

So say that you have six domains and four out of the six domains you wanna share the global address list etc. Is there only a way to do it for all domains or NONE or can you do it for a select group.. By what i'm seeing in settings its only going to do it for all or nothing, but figured I would ask.
Previous Topic: Same GAL across multiple domains
Next Topic: High Jabber Traffic
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 10:26:07 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00444 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.