Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to remember cookies when browser is closed? (Needing to help a client's webmail stay logged in when browser is closed.)
  •  
The NDS Project

Send a private message to this user
Hi, I have a client using Safari web browser, and us using webmail exclusively. When he opens webmail and logs in, he can navigate away from the webmail page and then return without having to log back in. However, if he closes the browser, and then comes back, he has to log in again. Is there a way to make it leave him logged in perpetually, or per day, or any sort of modification like that?

Thanks,
Brad
  •  
MarkK

Can he open it in a separate browser instance used only for email access, and then not close that instance?
  •  
The NDS Project

That would be easiest! But no, he really is wanting to be able to close the browser. He sees things like gmail, hotmail, Facebook, etc that remember your login perpetually, and really wants that functionality. He is on a Mac, and so I guess there were some issues getting Kerio to work correctly (a topic for another thread, I know).

Any other ideas?

Thanks
  •  
MarkK

If it were me, I'd explain that the connection getting terminate is a security feature to help prevent unauthorized access to business info.

Sounds like he really doesn't want to leave any programs open. Not even maybe loading Chrome for Mac and using it exclusively for email?
  •  
The NDS Project

Yeah, he really just wants it to stay logged in...he isn't concerned about security in this case at all... Is there no way, that anybody knows of, to force it to remember the cookies or something?
  •  
clan

If other sites remember him, keeping cookies across browser restarts seem to work. Have you checked the session expiration settings in Kerio?
Previous Topic: Using Kerio with Outlook 2011 and 2007
Next Topic: Differential backup frequency
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 00:35:40 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00556 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.