Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Properties.fld contains 320 GB of data
  •  
g.slager

Send a private message to this user
Our mailserver's harddisk was filling up even though Kerio was the only program running on the machine.

I used GrandPerspective (via superuser) to locate the big files and it turns out there is a properties.fld file in a user's deleted folder with a file size of 320 GB.

Is it safe to delete this file? And how does a file like this get created?

Thanks in advance!
  •  
BudDurland

My understanding is that the only harm done by deleting this file that the status of messages may be lost. How large is the users total mail store (excluding the properties.fld file?). When deleting it, it is best to stop Kerio Connect first.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
g.slager

The total mailstorage from all users is only 80-90 GB. What do you mean exactly with the status of messages? This file is in my managers deleted folder and his e-mail is almost considered sacred to him. Rolling Eyes Right now I have more than enough HD space but i'd rather have the file gone.
  •  
clan

Interesting, the properties.fld in the "Deleted Items" folder seems quite large compared to the number of messages for several users here. In my case there 25 deleted messages and a 450k properties.fld, in another case 5M properties.fld for 2400 messages. For other folders the relation seems to be much better.
  •  
g.slager

We did migrate the server about six months ago but i'm fairly sure the file wasn't that big back then.
  •  
g.slager

I would be really happy if someone from Kerio could answer the question I asked in the first post of this thread.
  •  
g.slager

I Thought i'd up this post to see if I could get some new responses. Confused
  •  
Charles B

I had a similar issue, with a user's properties.fld growing to 65 GigaBytes from one day to the next.

I noticed it because the mail server had significantly less free space (my mail store is on a 250GB partition--65GB is non-trivial) and this message started showing up in the warning log: BACKUP: File /store/mail/mycompany.com/users_name/Sent Items/properties.fld, 0.00 MB, does not fit into the backup file.

I reindexed his account, which took about 20 seconds, and changed nothing.

I finally just removed the 65GB properties.fld file and reindexed. It finished almost immediately, and returned:
"Integrity check successfully finished. Corrupted folders were not found."

However, it did not recreate the properties.fld file. That was recreated when he first got into his sent mail folder, as a zero length file.

The user hadn't noticed any problems other than sometimes his Outlook 2010 will stop getting new emails, and has to be shut down and restarted in order to start getting new messages again. That happens occasionally to other users who don't have huge files, so probably unrelated.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 December 2013 22:45]

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
Previous Topic: rDNS fix
Next Topic: KIMT not working
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 07:39:13 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00478 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.