Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Differential backup frequency (Kerio Connect Backup)
  •  
farhadd

Send a private message to this user
If I want to run Kerio differential backups aggressively (This is from an SSD we're planning on purchasing so it shouldn't affect performance significantly I hope), is a full backup every weekend followed by differentials every 2 hours too much? That is to say, do differential backups get wonky if you have 72 of them in between full backups?

The reason I want to do this is that TRIM commands don't work with SSD RAID. My boot drive would be a RAID 1 HDD mirror (this would also be where the archive and backups are stored) and only the live mailstore would live on a single 960GB SSD. I wouldn't want to lose more than 2 hours of data in case things went downhill.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 August 2013 00:11]

•  
Mark Price (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi Farhadd!

The problem running this level of differential backup's is that every two hours, user's will be locked out of mailboxes as it goes through to scan for any changes and then back this up to the files.

Its always best to run diff's outside of normal business hours to reduce the chance of intrusion on users. It would also depend on how much data is detected as changed and require storing in the backup.

You could also rely on the Archive feature as well as this would be saving any inbound and outbound mail messages as well.

I hope this helps.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 August 2013 17:00]

Mark Price
Kerio technical support.

Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
Previous Topic: How to remember cookies when browser is closed?
Next Topic: Forward to a external email adress
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 07:28:17 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00361 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.