Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » I need 2 network cards?
  •  
WTR1301

Send a private message to this user
Hi guys,

I have a question. I installed on a PC is Kerio Control. Our network is 192.168.1.xxx and the router is also in this network there.

I need to Kerio Control 2 network cards or is it possible with one card?

If I configure two cards then I can run only one card in the same network, but that will not work because our work network is the same network as the router. Has an idea? THANK YOU!
  •  
Vicky

Hi WTR,

For Kerio Control to work you would need 2 network cards:

- 1 to go your local LAN switch for all you users to communicate on
- 2 to go to your router which would need to be on a different subnet to the LAN

So for example the LAN nic could be on 192.168.1.X and the WAN (router facing) nic could be on 192.168.2.X. Kerio Control would be able to route the internet traffic from the .1 network through to the router on the .2 network. This is quite a common setup and you should find it would work.

I hope this helps,
Vicky
  •  
WTR1301

•  
silars

What if you did VLANs? I didn't think you'd need two NICs if you used them.

I've never tried it, but, theoretically, it should work.

Also, if you did a VM based Control, you could use one NIC.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 August 2013 16:01]

•  
WTR1301

Thanks for the tip, but it works not so well. I have installed two network cards in the PC, but I need initially configure 2 networks (eg: 192.168.1.xxx and 192.168.2.xxx,) but I do like Kerio router and a network (192.168.1.xxx) operate. Is there no way?

[Updated on: Fri, 16 August 2013 08:15]

•  
Vicky

Hi WTR,

Sadly no. To have Kerio Control work correctly you need to have the WAN and LAN interfaces on different subnets. If you are have Kerio Control setup on a test machine, registers as a trial user and open up a support ticket with us:

http://www.kerio.com/support

You will get free support with your trial licence and this may prove to be quicker in getting Kerio Control setup and working.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
silars

It will depend on the masks used. If you used 255.255.255.0 (or smaller), then it could work. However, the 192.168.0.0 address space is unrouteable across the Internet. You will need some other device to NAT that to a publically routeable address.

Previous Topic: Routing issue & Co
Next Topic: IPSEC VPN Problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 07:39:08 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00438 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.