Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » PHP access to Calendar & Contacts (How does one access Connect's calendar and contact records using PHP?)
  •  
cmury

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I'm sure this is relatively straight forward.

But how does one access Connect's calendar and contact records using PHP?

Email seems to be accessed through PHP's IMAP functions. But what about calendar and contacts? The Kerio API seems to be administration based.

Just starting out on this journey. Any help appreciated.

C
  •  
Vicky

Hi Cmury,

I'm not sure about accessing the calendar and contacts via PHP but you could access them over CalDAV and CardDAV which is an open standard so maybe you could find a way to collect the data and pass it through to php.

I hope this helps point you in the right direction.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
cmury

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for the quick response. Much appreciated.

OK - so I've surfed a little on CardDAV and CalDAV. There seems to be a lot of general info about what these standards are. Also implementations and how to configure various clients to these platforms.

Are you aware of any 101 info for the application of these standards. This is totally new to me. For example - how do I make a connection and read/update/delete a contact file?

Why the PHP preference?. I was hoping for something like CardDAV-PHP. But this doesn't seem to play with Connect on my testing.

Any help with CardDAV and CalDAV for a newby would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Chris
  •  
Vicky

Hi Chris,

I do not have any kind of 101 on CalDAV/CardDAV. The only thing I can suggest is the following sites:

http://caldav.calconnect.org
http://carddav.calconnect.org

As they have a good range of information about this. I only mentioned PHP because in your original post you said you wanted access records via PHP. I wish I could be more helpful but the above is all I can provide but hopefully this will help you along the way or maybe a forum member will chime in.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
cmury

Thanks Vicky,

Yes - I did have a look at those sites.

Seems I'm going to have to dive in the deep end!

For what its worth I do think this is where the Kerio API could really help out. I'm sure it would lead to some interesting add ons for connect.

Appreciate the help.

Chris
  •  
Vicky

Hi Chris,

By all means give the Kerio API a go. It is available to download from the developer zone:

http://www.kerio.com/developers

Plus if you use the API tool you can post in the API forums. We do have other Kerio staff/developers that answer in there along with other Kerio users that use the API.

Anyway good luck!!

All the best,
Vicky
Previous Topic: Updated Tutorial For Android 4 ICS?
Next Topic: [SOLVED]Share calendar between domains
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 21:26:12 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00477 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.