Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Sync Android Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes (Searching for a user friendly way of keeping android (or any other smartphone) in sync)
  •  
eRJe

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

Today, after missing the availability of tasks and notes on my Android for a long time, I decided to give it another go. Perhaps I am not searching well enough but again I turned disappointed! (I can't believe it's this hard)

Does anyone have an Android with a working Tasks and/or Notes app?

I just can't grasp it that Kerio Connect users can't have these two pretty common (and for many essential) features?!?!

I've been browsing the web for a while now but all I found were mostly outdated articles from Kerio and the hint to start using CalDav and CardDav. I installed both apps that are suggested (tested) by Kerio on my Android to give them a go but they turned out to be very dissatisfying.

There are plenty beautiful Tasks apps available in the Google Playstore so everyone can decide which works best for him or her. However, they don't work with Kerio! Why is this? The closest that I came to was the app Tasks & Notes for MS Exchange. It didn't work initially but after contacting the developer and providing him a test account, he got it almost working. Unfortunately it will NEVER work completely because of the fact that Kerio lacks the support of ActiveSync 14!!

About 2 years ago I remember HTC providing a stock Tasks app which, if I remember correctly, worked. But I don't now this for sure and I don't have the possibility to test this again. Perhaps someone knows?

I would like to say that Kerio, since they like to be different, should provide us a smartphone app that works. But then again, we will be stuck with just one working app. Instead I think they should get their support for the excising protocols sorted. Allowing us to use one of the many well supported apps that are already available...

[Updated on: Sat, 17 August 2013 15:10]

•  
watchful

•  
popnfresh

+2

This is a huge issue. I hope the good folks at Kerio can fix it soon.
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

First of all, I want to clearly state that currently there is NO officialy supported Task application for Android.
Anyway you can try TaskSync for Exchange, which uses EWS protocol:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.cranktheory .android.tasks
As far as I know this application is compatible with Connect 8.1 and newer. If you find any issue, feel free to report it to this thread.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
Macman2013

Looking on App Store developers notes suggests it may not be compatible of course this could be out of date in respect of Kerio version

Description
You miss the synchronization of tasks / todos from your Microsoft® Exchange 2007 / 2010 account with your phone? Then TaskSync is the answer.
TaskSync does NOT work with Exchange 2003, Outlook without Exchange, Hotmail or Zimbra. TaskSync does not work with ActiveSync but NEEDS Exchange Webservice, so please check the prerequisites before giving a bad rating.
Kerio is not yet supported, I'm working on it. The same applies to recurring tasks.
  •  
eRJe

A rather disappointing response...

Clearly it is not very important for Kerio to offer this feature. I wonder how many users find this an issue too.

Come on is that the best answer you can give?!?! After how many years we still don't have a working Task app for Android devices? Not to speak of an app that syncs with my notes.

I have spend the 3 euro to test the app that was mentioned (15 minutes was to short time). I actually found this app too but because of the developer's note about Kerio, I didn't try it out. I did now. It syncs. That's all I can say.

The app is quite buggy (with Kerio). Categories are not syncing well, no reoccurring tasks, completed tasks disappear sometimes. Tasks with no date are not sync'd. Not even when a date was added. The app lacks a widget unless you happy with just a shortcut.

I don't blame the developer for this. He states his app doesn't work with Kerio. But even if this app would work with Kerio, it is still just one app. I would only use it because it is the only app available. I would prefer to choose from one of the many ActiveSync supported apps. Some look really nice with good widgets and are also supported by several calendar apps.

I do blame Kerio! Get your acts together and give us ActiveSync 14! You are getting your money now for the license so get it on!
  •  
juergen852

•  
nb

Hello

This thread is a little bit old but I would like to say that I've written an android app for syncing notes between iphone, Mac, Kerio Connect and Android.
Sorry but i can't give links, they are forbidden to newcomers Sad
Search ImapNotes2 on Google play
Is is free software. source is available at Github (search ImapNote2) for those who want to compile it themselves, change code or just look at it.

Hope it will help

Regards

nb
  •  
eRJe

Hallelujah!!! I nearly fell off my chair...

OK, it's been here for a little while but Kerio has updated their Activesync support!!! To be exact: Version 8.5.0 - May 18, 2015 supports ActiveSync 14.1.

My task and note app(s) are working without restrictions!!!

@NB, I never saw your reply so I'm sorry I didn't try your app. Maybe I still will but for now I am happy with the app I already had installed.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 August 2015 15:44]

Previous Topic: Connect to Exchange Agenda
Next Topic: missing header results in negative spam score
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 20:29:17 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00436 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.