Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect 8.2.0 RC2 released (A new major update including DKIM, delegation and iOS 7 support.)
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Kerio Connect 8.2.0 beta 3 - August 15, 2013

A brand new version with many new features and improvements. Want to see more?

Do you want to test the beta version? Go to http://www.kerio.com/betas/connect for more details.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 October 2013 14:30]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Kerio Connect 8.2 RC 1 released

Check out DKIM message signing, full delegation and many other new features and improvements at http://www.kerio.com/betas/connect
  •  
dsegel

I noticed that the drop-down search options (Flagged, Read, Answered, Attachment, etc) are missing from 8.2.0. Will they be coming back? Our staff rely heavily on them. The sorting options don't accomplish quite the same thing.

For example, I want to search for all unread messages from John Smith with attachments. In 8.1 I type his name, hit down and select Unread, hit down and select Attachments and I'm presented with a subset of messages that exactly meet my criteria. This doesn't seem possible in 8.2.0. I tried emailing the beta email address with this question but got no response.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

dsegel wrote on Wed, 25 September 2013 17:03
I noticed that the drop-down search options (Flagged, Read, Answered, Attachment, etc) are missing from 8.2.0. Will they be coming back? Our staff rely heavily on them. The sorting options don't accomplish quite the same thing.

These options were not removed and are still present there. If it does not work for you, make sure that fulltext indexing is enabled and works on the server.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Kerio Connect 8.2 RC 2 released

Check out DKIM message signing, full delegation and many other new features and improvements at http://www.kerio.com/betas/connect
  •  
dsegel

Thanks, that was it - fulltext indexing was off on our test system. Keep up the awesome work!
  •  
Spacey

How long does it usually take to go from rc2 to a final release? 1-2 weeks?
  •  
Grabsteinschubser

Kerio announced a webinar on Oct 9. (see: info.kerio.com/Connect8.2PublicWW_landingpage.html)

So I think 8.2 is coming in approx. two weeks.
  •  
stk_jj

Delegation is no enhancement! In iCal it's worse than before.

Now I have all collegues calendars in one group. Before they were clustered by name
No colors are transmitted. I have to assign them all over again on each device.

Is/will there be a change to select between the both behaviors?
  •  
tonyswu

stk_jj wrote on Thu, 26 September 2013 07:44
Delegation is no enhancement! In iCal it's worse than before.

Now I have all collegues calendars in one group. Before they were clustered by name
No colors are transmitted. I have to assign them all over again on each device.

Is/will there be a change to select between the both behaviors?

I agree, this behavior is unacceptable. Clients used to the old behavior will not be happy with this, which means we won't be happy.
  •  
stk_jj

There's more: 8.2.0 does not seem to fix iOS 7 CardDAV issues. Still no Contacts on my iPhone, regardless which method (profile from Kerio Connect Client, manual entry, selfmade profile out of iPhone-ConfigTool) I use.

The only reason I installed the beta was iOS 7 CardDAV. No progress there and a f*cked up calender as bonus >:-(
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

stk_jj wrote on Sat, 28 September 2013 10:20
There's more: 8.2.0 does not seem to fix iOS 7 CardDAV issues. Still no Contacts on my iPhone, regardless which method (profile from Kerio Connect Client, manual entry, selfmade profile out of iPhone-ConfigTool) I use.

The only reason I installed the beta was iOS 7 CardDAV. No progress there and a f*cked up calender as bonus >:-(

I don't understand. Do you mean your private contacts or public contacts?
Can you check the Folder to sync setting in Kerio Connect client if the public contact folder is selected for synchronization to iOS CardDAV client?

[Updated on: Sat, 28 September 2013 10:49]

•  
stk_jj

We only use Public contacts. If manualy configured serveraddress is changed from https://ip.add.re.ss:8443/carddav/users/.public/ to https://ip.add.re.ss:8443/carddav/users/myusername/ where myusername is taken from Login credentials. Same URL works fine in OS X 10.7 Addressbook.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Make sure you're running RC2 version. Configure only private contacts in CardDAV, public contacts are synchronized along with private contacts as a shared folder. iOS 7 does not support multiple CardDAV accounts to Kerio Connect server. All contacts can be now synchronized with one CardDAV account, which makes the configuration much easier for users.
http://forums.kerio.com/mv/msg/25614/106494/#msg_106494

[Updated on: Sat, 28 September 2013 20:15]

stk_jj

There will be no public contacts, even if I only configure the private one. None, nothing. Even no (for testing purposes entered) private contacts. Private Contacts sync now, but still no public ones on the iPhone[/EDIT]

Users do not configure anything. Administrators do. And it's a horror for them now!

[Updated on: Tue, 01 October 2013 11:07]

Previous Topic: iOS 7 supported
Next Topic: Unable to deliver mail to Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 08:12:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00572 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.