Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect 8.0.1 Reindex Mailbox (Reindex Mailbox Automatically)
  •  
JJJCR

Send a private message to this user
hi gurus, is there a settings in Kerio Connect 8.0.1 to automatically reindex mailboxes of some users or either all user mailboxes?

My Kerio is running in SUSE Linux.

For whatever reason, my mailbox and some mailboxes of other users always has a corrupted folders.

I tried to manually reindex the mailbox weekly or either 3 times per week.

But sometimes, with uncertain workload. I'm not able to do it manually.

So is there a setting to do the Re Indexing of Mailbox automatically, let's say every 8 hours?

any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  •  
JJJCR

ping 127.0.0.1 any reply...
  •  
Vicky

Hi JJJCR,

There is not a way to schedule the server to re-index folders every 8 hours. Kerio Connect will auto correct any index files it detects to be corrupted. If you have folders that corrupting that often then you may have a more serious problem.

I would suggest you have a look at what accesses the mail store. For example any 3rd party backup software can corrupt indexes and lock files/folders. Also have a look at what devices the user is using to access these folders as this could be something a device/connection could be triggering the corruption.

I hope this helps or at least points you in the right direction.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
JJJCR

Thanks Vicky, when you mean accesses the mail store. Any software that points to the mail store?
Or is there a way in Linux to trace which files or software is accessing a particular folder.
Thanks.
  •  
Vicky

Hi.

Not software the points to the mail store but any software that for example scans the whole file system on the Linux machine. Such as R-Sync or any other backup software. So any software that would access the mail folder (apart from Kerio of course) needs to have the Kerio mail store and other kerio folders excluded really.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
JJJCR

hi Vicky, thanks for your help.

I had check the config of the daily backup and other backups it does not include the mail store.

actually most of the time it's my mailbox, when i re-indexed got corrupted folders and some other users.

what would be other causes of the mailbox folder corruption? thanks.

is it possible that a hard drive is going south?
  •  
Vicky

Hi,

It could be drive related. You may want to run an integrity check on the drive to see if it has any bad sectors or if their any permissions issues. Apart from that I cannot say what else could be causing the re-indexing without having logs and that would need to go into a support ticket really.

All the best,
Vicky
Previous Topic: User performed NTLM authentication in NT domain, this domain is not valid
Next Topic: Running Behind a Reverse Proxy
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 08:02:36 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00492 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.