Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Walking into established Kerio with No Users or Groups setup (How best to "start from scratch" on established system?)
  •  
PCSailor

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I have walked into an established Kerio with no Users or Groups setup.

I am the chief engineer on a large luxury boat and there is a clear division of users between crew and guests.
Guest get unrestricted access provided it does not impede on other guests ability to use the internet.
Crew get internet access but guest are the priority.

Crew have been abusing the internet and using HBO Prime, Netflix, etc.

With no users setup, MAC filtering, and dynamic IP addresses through our Cisco switch DHCP server, a solution to this problem using Kerio has proven difficult.

I think I need to start from scratch and establish Users and groups and then whichever crew abuse I can throttle bandwidth../fa/3097/0/

With these rules previously establish (not by me), what is the best way to implement new user rules and alter these existing rules?
I am not exactly sure what all these rules do either.
Thanks,
Phil

•  
PCSailor

Anyone, anyone??

Not looking for anyone to do the work for me. Just a push in right direction.

Phil
  •  
silars

To be honest, what you've stated is the push in the right direction.

You need to define your groups and assign policies to those groups. The hard part is identifying how traffic is assigned to which group. Each network is always a little different. We can't answer that for you.

Those rules do look like a decent skeleton, however, you'll need to establish them in the Bandwidth Management and QoS section.

Also, if you can physically separate your users on the network, you can also consider VLANs and QoS there too. There are quite a few locations you can apply policies. I'm guessing you also have another router or two that could help.
  •  
PCSailor

Thanks Silars.

I need to read up a bit because I do not know why you set up VLANs here or what QoS is.
The unchecked groups I have created, the checked rules were here before me. What I do know is as soon as I check any of the groups-rules (I created), all internet traffic is blocked for everyone and I do not know why.

I'm sure this is beyond basic but it's where I am at.

Thanx again,
Phil
  •  
silars

The unchecked groups apply to all traffic and are processed before your Internet Access rule. You don't have the full picture of what action those rules perform, but my guess is they go to nowhere.

Therefore, all users get blocked.
Previous Topic: How to make specific ip address no logs and activity show on kerio web management
Next Topic: User "stealing" bandwidth..
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 19:39:09 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00486 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.