Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Setting up POP3?
  •  
ableeker

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Our users need to access multiple accounts, including their own. To realize this, we're using Kerio Connect Client to retrieve their own email, and use Outlook to access the shared accounts as POP3 (IMAP won't do) with a PST file as destination. We believed this was working the way we intended, but one use has trouble sending mail, it gets stuck in the Outbox, and will only send if it's opened there and sent by clicking the button.

We looked into this, and found an article explaining this configuration isn't supported by Kerio. It says: "This is a recipe for problems. It is better to use the POP3 downloader in KMS to deliver the messages directly to the user's Kerio store."

Has anybody set up POP3-accounts in Kerio? I understand you have to set them up in Kerio Mail Server on tab Configuration > Delivery > POP3 Download, and I think Scheduling.

But how do we configure the client, Outlook? Do we still need to set up Kerio Connect?

Thanks,

aleeker
  •  
camisy

http://manuals.kerio.com/connect/adminguide/en/sect-pop3dloa d.html

you can setup your outlook as usual with kerio connect. Go to webmail and let the assistant do the rest Wink
  •  
ableeker

Thanks, it's appreciated!

I've created a new test user, and used this user to set up POP3 Download, I added a new POP3 account, and set it to deliver mail to the address of the user. I also set the POP3 download Scheduling to 1 minute. I then used webmail to check on some test mails I sent. It seemed to work, but after some minutes it became clear it was downloading the same mails every minute. I checked the Mail log, and I saw this was indeed the case, and it actually was downloading the mails every minute.

Did I set it up incorrectly? Is there a setting that will stop Kerio downloading the mails again and again?

Thanks,

ableeker
  •  
camisy

did you check this? http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/server-configurati on/why-am-i-getting-multiple-copies-of-an-email-84.html

Also you can select to leave a copy on the server or not. What happens if you try one of this?
  •  
ableeker

Thanks, I've checked these options. The results were a bit odd, if I didn't remove the mails from the server, it kept sending them every minute, so I got them multiple times. Duplicate mails didn't make much of a difference, but I had setup just one account with one recipient.
  •  
ableeker

If I recall correctly, Leave copy created an unending stream of copies. Disable multiple didn't seem to do much, but it was just one user with one mailbox.
Previous Topic: Experience many accounts/clients >4000 connections
Next Topic: Spam Repellent logged, but message still delivered
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 22:13:37 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00446 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.