Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » mail admin (Duplicate message-id's)
  •  
Ed B

Send a private message to this user
Is there a way to not get duplicate messages when an email is sent to a user and to a distribution list that the user in in?
The message-id is the same in the messages. MS exchange does not duplicate the messages.
  •  
Mark Price (Kerio)

Hi Ed

do you mean a webmail distribution list or do you mean a kerio group? Groups should not generate a duplicate message if a user that is part of said group is emailed and say CC'd in on the mail. only a single message will be sent.

Is this what you mean?

Mark Price
Kerio technical support.

Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
Ed B

The list is the "Mailing list". In the admin site Accounts/Mailing List.
I'll test setting up under "Groups" and see what that does. I send to group and cc user.

What I also need for the migration from exchange is a message going to the user on kerio and a list in the exchange server going to the user. In this case the message-id 's match. I would like the user to only see the first message.
  •  
Ed B

Within a single connection to the kerio server sending to a user and a mailing list results in the user getting duplicate messages. The message-id's are the same.

Within a single connection to the kerio server sending to a user and a group results in the user getting one message.

With multiple connects as is the case when the filter system sends to user on the kerio server and list on the exchange server containing the kerio user the user gets 2 messages.

I would when messages show up in the users mailbox with the same message-id in a short window of time only keep the first message. This how exchange works.
  •  
clan

Ed B wrote on Thu, 22 August 2013 18:19
Within a single connection to the kerio server sending to a user and a mailing list results in the user getting duplicate messages. The message-id's are the same.

The error here is, IMHO, that the message ids are the same: the mail sent out by the mailing list is a new mail, and should get a new ID
Quote:

I would when messages show up in the users mailbox with the same message-id in a short window of time only keep the first message. This how exchange works.

Since message ids are supposed to be unique, the mailserver should discard duplicates. On the other hand I think that message id's are still optional for email, so ignoring them may be unexpected, but correct.

•  
Ed B

The mailing list is on the kerio server ( Accounts / mailing list ). A connect to the kerio server sending to a mailing list and a user results in the user getting duplicate messages when the user is also in the mailing list.

The expected behavior is to discard duplicate messages in a mailbox.
  •  
clan

I know that Kerio is handling the mailing list, but the message sent to the list and the message sent from the mailing list manager are still different and should have different message ids: the mails get extra headers (List-*), they may have the sender's email address removed, and maybe the subject prefixed. Also the list should behave the same for local and external members.
I agree, that messages with duplicate message id's should be removed, but this is really a different matter.
  •  
Ed B

The message-id's are the same. The duplicate message from the list has the extra List- headers. But the message-id is NOT changed. I have tested both with and without subject prefixing.

Remote from the kerio server users on the mailing list also see the same message-d as the kerio recipients.
Previous Topic: Missing Mail Header Information on Replies
Next Topic: Experience many accounts/clients >4000 connections
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 01:37:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00478 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.