Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Developer Zone » API/SDK Writers » Trigger on new or update user (run a script when a new user is created or modified)
  •  
defago

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

It is possible to know or to expand a class to run a script when a new user is created or updated? The goal is to update the ldap information.

I'm runing a Kerio connect 8.1.0 (1314) on Centos 6.3 64 bits
  •  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

From server's side - No
From client's side - Yes

If your client app will hold the current state of users and periodically asks server you might be able to detect a change and trigger a post action.

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

The views I express are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Kerio Technologies.
  •  
defago

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, but how I can get the orginal password before the encoding (directly the post). Because I need the password without the encoding to generate my ldap and samba password.
  •  
chrwei

it's not encoding, it's a hash. I'd hope that you can't.

you instead need to be using your own user management page that will use the apis and make the changes in all the systems directly.
  •  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

I'm sorry for a generic answer to a generic question. But we need to know a bit more to help with a solution or at least an advice.

When speaking about password, it's exactly what <_at_>chrwei wrote. There is no way how to read/decrypt user's password and use it for such purpose. You have to write your own admin panel solving all the stuff like adding user info into multiple systems.

Anyway I think you should do exactly the opposite. Manage user in a generic LDAP and just map the Kerio Connect to use it.

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

The views I express are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Kerio Technologies.
  •  
defago

Hello, OK I understand thank you.

So the next question is how to disabled the option to change the password in the Webmail?
  •  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

Chapter 8.2 - Creating a user account

User can change their password
If the option is checked, the user is allowed to change their password in the WebMail settings.

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

•  
defago

Hello,

Ok, but it's anyway to change the target of this link, because if we create our own panel to change the password should be good to have the link in the webmail.
  •  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

I'm sorry but there is no option how to put a such link into WebMail. You have to show users how and where to change the password in your app instead.

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

•  
chrwei

you could probably do it by changing webmail2.js and redefining
this.changePasswordButton = Ext.ComponentQuery.query('webmailbutton[itemId=settingsChangePasswordSave]')[0];

but, your changes would be reverted with every update, and it would certainly be unsupported.
  •  
defago

Hello,

OK, thank you very much, I will check that.
Previous Topic: Choose Directory for Creating VCards
Next Topic: Appliance upgrades
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 04:55:33 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00506 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.