Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio Control behind ADSL Modem/Router (Kerio Control behind ADSL Modem/Router)
  •  
dandyk

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I want to the following setup and i'm not sure if it will be okay, I want to install Kerio Control on Windows XP and with two NIC's

PC running WinXP : NIC 1 <-- ADSL In 192.168.1.253, 255.255.255.0
PC running WinXP : NIC 2 --> Network Switch 192.168.1.252 Default Gateway : 192.168.1.254

DNS/DHCP Server Running on: 192.168.1.1

Could you please assist with the Configurations or better solutions.

MCSA, A+, CNWA, Linux+ N+ MCITP, MCSE 2003
  •  
germanr

Hi. All the new Control versions are Linux based (hardware, software and virtual).

If you are running an old version in a one internet connection scenario Kerio Control is the default gateway, so the local Nic (say 192.168.1.254) in the contol box should be the default gateway for all the computers in the Lan.
Please take note that on the Lan nic of the control box , the default gateway should be left blank.

The other nic should ve connected to the Adsl modem or whatever the isp provides.

The manuals are very clear.

Best regards

[Updated on: Fri, 06 September 2013 12:56]

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
dandyk

Thank you, I will be running a Kerio Control 6 on Windows XP. But currently my ADSL Modem/Router acts as the Default Gateway but i dont want that to be the case for all clients. I need them to use Kerio Control as the default gateway. Sorry, if i sound to stupid; how should i configure the other NIC that will be going to the switch? I know the one from the ADSL Modem will be 192.168.1.253 and the Mask of 255.255.255.0 and leave the default gateway black.

MCSA, A+, CNWA, Linux+ N+ MCITP, MCSE 2003
  •  
germanr

If your modem/router is behind Kerio control , the computers on the network will not find it unless the Control is the default gateway for all of them. I donĀ“t know why you want different gateways. The only thing I can imagine IF you want the router as a gateway is setting the Control as a Proxy Server. In this scenario , you should not connect the router to the control box.

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
silars

Watch your network addressing. You are showing the 192.168.1.0 network on both sides of Control. This can cause routing issues.

Consider using another 192 based network internally (192.168.2.0/255.255.255.0) or changing to the 10.x.x.x networks. My preference is to use the 10.x.x.x networks internally. There is more flexibility in addressing.
Previous Topic: Computer outside my LAN connecting to a computer on my LAN via interned
Next Topic: Urgent: Windows 8 - other VPN connections are not working
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 08:46:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00436 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.