Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Resources and Outlook 2010 (I can't add resource calendars in Outlook 2010)
  •  
Waco1

Send a private message to this user
First, I apologize for any following snarky attitude. I'm frustrated. I've wasted an entire morning trying to add resource calendars in Outlook 2010.

If you add it from your Calendar tab in Outlook, it shows up but doesn't update.

The manual says to add it from KOC, but KOC provides two interfaces: the plugin and the control panel module. There's no way to add calendars from either interface.

Another article says to add the mailbox from the Tools->Account Settings menu. There's no such menu on Outlook 2010, but that functionality can be accessed via Start-Control Panel-Mail->...

That's great: I can add the resources email folder, which is not quite as useful as say, a gasoline powered cat sweater.

How does one add a resource calendar in Outlook 2010?

If you point me at the manual, please TRY IT before you suggest it. The manual is wrong and/or incomplete.
  •  
Vicky

Hi Waco1,

Can you see the resource in Webmail? Because if you can you should also be able to see it in Outlook. The thing you have to remember about adding a resource to Outlook is that you have to treat it as if it were a user sharing a calendar out to you.

When it comes to subscribing to a resource calendar you have to attach it through KOFF as if it were a user shared a folder out to you. So you will need to right click on your mailbox in Outlook 2010->Properties->Folder Mapping->Configure->Other Mailboxes. Then the calendar will show up in the Calendar section of Outlook (just don't forget to tick it).

Anyway I hope this helps.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
Waco1

Vicky Cinelli (Kerio) wrote on Fri, 06 September 2013 10:57
Hi Waco1,

Can you see the resource in Webmail? Because if you can you should also be able to see it in Outlook. The thing you have to remember about adding a resource to Outlook is that you have to treat it as if it were a user sharing a calendar out to you.

When it comes to subscribing to a resource calendar you have to attach it through KOFF as if it were a user shared a folder out to you. So you will need to right click on your mailbox in Outlook 2010->Properties->Folder Mapping->Configure->Other Mailboxes. Then the calendar will show up in the Calendar section of Outlook (just don't forget to tick it).

Anyway I hope this helps.

All the best,
Vicky

Yes, it was there in Webmail, but not in Outlook.

Restarting Outlook (and KOC) caused the calendar to magically appear. Looks like a one-off glitch to me.

I cleared the KOC cache and let the account resync, because that way, it looks to the user like I understand how Outlook "thinks". Rolling Eyes

•  
Vicky

Hi Waco1,

I'm sure you understand how Outlook works completely Cool

Glad to hear that its all sorted.

All the best,
Vicky
Previous Topic: connect client: 128 char limit for autoresponder rule
Next Topic: "database disk image is malformed" error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 01:27:33 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00381 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.