Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Inbox auto-expunge (as you can with Sent and other folders) (Deleting old emails on a schedule)
  •  
Rahm-o

Send a private message to this user
You can have certain folders (Sent, Deleted, Junk) auto-expunge after a set time period (in admin: Configuration->Domains->Edit a domain->Messages tab).

However, there's no way to auto-expunge the Inbox. (You can, but then you have to also delete all other folders too, using the last checkbox option in that window).

Since all folders are *technically* the same, then this just means that it's not in the web admin interface, but you could write a chron script maybe...? Tech support said it could probably be done, and pointed me to the API.

Anyone familiar with this, has maybe done this already and has a chron script or something else to share? (I'd post this in the Developer's area but I don't have access to that forum).

Thank you!
  •  
tonyswu

If someone knows how to do this, we would appreciate it too. We've been looking for the same thing, but for the Calendar folder. We have clients that use Calendar heavily, and they easily have more than 10,000 items in the calendar folder. We would like a way to auto-expunge them very much.

Thanks.
  •  
Rahm-o

tonyswu - Keep in mind that if you do find a solution, this is how calendar entries are stored:

Items (emails, calendar events) are stored for when they were created. That's not an issue for an email (comes in at 11am, is stored at 11am), but a calendar event I create today for an event in 2014...it's recorded in the system as today for auto-deletion purposes. The same thing for repeating events - it will delete the entire series, not just old events, since the entire series is actually only stored once, when it was created.
Previous Topic: Mailing list
Next Topic: Calendar
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 00:19:17 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00413 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.