Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iOS 7 supported
  •  
topher1078

Send a private message to this user
With iOS 7 rolling out on September 18th, are there any known major issues with Kerio 8.1 and iOS 7?
  •  
Rahm-o

I haven't tried it with the GM of iOS 7, but with an earlier beta the security profile wouldn't load for new installs - when you chose "set up my phone" through the web interface it would fail to install the certificate, said it wasn't authorized. I didn't try with an upgrade from iOS 6 to iOS 7 (with the profile already loaded), just a fresh install of a user account.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 September 2013 02:58]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

We don't comment iOS 7 at this moment due to NDA. We will release more information once iOS 7 becomes public.
  •  
topher1078

Is the NDA even in effect now that there's a release date? Just need to know whether to warn my users to stay away, as many of them are quite excited to upgrade and will probably do so regardless of what I recommend.
  •  
rickblackdog

If you remove the profile under iOS7 you won't be able to install it again - I've tested it on 2 separate mail servers & run in to the same issue. It gives an error where it says there is a duplicate of the CalDav account, even though it is not listed.
  •  
Howie Isaacks

topher1078 wrote on Tue, 17 September 2013 10:00
Is the NDA even in effect now that there's a release date? Just need to know whether to warn my users to stay away, as many of them are quite excited to upgrade and will probably do so regardless of what I recommend.

Yes. The NDA is in effect even though a release date was announced. My advice to you is that you ask everyone to either hold off upgrading until you can take the time to test iOS 7 with Kerio Connect, or let them know that they may have problems after they upgrade. It sucks to have to ask people to hold off, or be prepared for the possibility of having problems, but Kerio needs to stay on Apple's good side, and not violate the NDA. If you become a member of Apple's developer program, you will have access to pre-release builds of iOS and OS X. This will let you do your own testing. My company is a member, and having access to to the developer builds has been extremely helpful as we prepare for these new OS rollouts.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 September 2013 00:18]

•  
MacLab

Okay its out...

MacLab, Inc.
Kerio Certified Partner, Reseller, Hosting Provider, Kerio Connect Certified.
http://maclaboratory.com
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

We are working on a blog post with more details. But.
CardDAV accounts on iOS 7 don't synchronize shared/public contact folders from Kerio Connect 8.1.x and older due to changes in the iOS client. User's contacts are synchronized instead into these accounts. The solution is to wait with an upgrade for final Kerio Connect 8.2.0, which supports iOS 7.
Users with Exchange ActiveSync accounts are not affected. If the user use CardDAV for private contacts only, there is no problem.
  •  
Howie Isaacks

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Wed, 18 September 2013 14:27
We are working on a blog post with more details. But.
CardDAV accounts on iOS 7 don't synchronize shared/public contact folders from Kerio Connect 8.1.x and older due to changes in the iOS client. User's contacts are synchronized instead into these accounts. The solution is to wait with an upgrade for final Kerio Connect 8.2.0, which supports iOS 7.
Users with Exchange ActiveSync accounts are not affected. If the user use CardDAV for private contacts only, there is no problem.

Thanks for the info. I never tested CardDAV, only EAS. For us, it has worked very well. My own contacts come over from iCloud instead of Kerio Connect.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 September 2013 15:20]

•  
Spacey

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Wed, 18 September 2013 14:27
...The solution is to wait with an upgrade for final Kerio Connect 8.2.0, which supports iOS 7....

I guess in the next days, eh?! Laughing
  •  
Howie Isaacks

We've been testing Kerio Connect 8.2rc1, and it still needs some work. It's looking good though. There's still some confusion on the new calendar functionality that I hope will get worked out before the release. Otherwise, I will have to hold off installing it on the Kerio servers that I manage.
  •  
derek_500

Hi,
We also are hoping for an update on this topic, now that iOS 7 is in the wild. I did update my phone and it seems to be working properly, but I'm advising my people not to update until I get an official word from Kerio.

Thanks,
-Derek

edit - must have been a caching issue but until just now when I posted this reply, I did not see Pavel's reply (or anything after it).

[Updated on: Thu, 19 September 2013 21:08]

•  
monkeymissile

I upgraded my phone from IOS6 yesterday and everything seems to be working fine, my email comes in fine as do all my calendars including public. Going to update Kerio Connect tonight....
  •  
lunddal

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Wed, 18 September 2013 21:27
Users with Exchange ActiveSync accounts are not affected.

How do you see public contact folders on iOS using ActiveSync?

We can't see them - only our own contacts.
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Have you checked the folders in "Folder to sync" configuration interface? Go to server web interface from mobile Safari.
Previous Topic: Outllook sync problem
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 8.2.0 RC2 released
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 04:58:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00585 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.