Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Webiste Unblock issue (HTTP Policy- Website Unblock)
  •  
pieprzb11

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

We are using Kerio Control 7.1.2 but having an issue with a certain news website.

The website does not get blocked but displays as plain text.

Even when allowing the website through it still shows as plain text.

Funny enough when clicking unblock on a site that is blocked, we can then refresh this news page and it displays fully.

Please Assist?
Brandon
  •  
silars

Are you certain there is no cross-linking or redirecting? You'll likely need to analyze the HTML to determine if you are blocking everything.

Are you willing to share which news website you are having problems with?

Also, caching may be a problem.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 September 2013 17:00]

•  
pieprzb11

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Cache was cleared and there is no redirect.

The site is news24.com and strange enough its sister site fin24.com works perfectly.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Brandon
  •  
silars

I've attempted to duplicate this problem with 8.1.1 patch 1 build 1019.

The site works fine with no HTTP policy in place. With HTTP Policy to deny news24.com, it is properly denied.

You could try to disable the HTTP protocol inspector to see if the issue lies in there. However, even if it is, that doesn't fix your problem. You may need to upgrade.

Note: US-based here. Maybe the NSA is helping me out. Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 19 September 2013 20:37]

•  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

I tried to duplicate this with just two URL rules. One allowing access to news24.com and then other denying access to anywhere else. That webpage loads normally for me. I go somewhere else and I do properly get access denied. I am also testing with Kerio Control 8.1.1.

If you can upgrade to a newer version then I would suggest trying that.
Previous Topic: "firewall IP"
Next Topic: Kerio control certificate error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 07:47:04 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00413 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.