Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Pop3 - Sorting Rules
  •  
jonbrain

Send a private message to this user
The MX record for my domain is set to do a straight SMTP to the kerio server, but if it is unavailable place them in an external POP3 mailbox.

How can I set Kerio upon download of the POP3 to automatically sort the contents to the relevant people.

The only way I have been able to get it to work is to set up a sorting rule for each email address. But obviously this isn't ideal as everytime I add a new mailbox I also have to add a sorting rule.

Thanks

Jono.
  •  
sidbarker

That is the only way to do it, without using other applications.

That has been a big annoyance with Kerio for a long time, and their responses have been along the lines of "real companies don't do that, so we don't support it". If they have the rules to cope with SMTP coming in, why not squirt the POP3 emails through the same routines to sort them?

We set up another freeware mailserver, such as Mercury mail server, and set it up with the outgoing SMTP server set to our Kerio box. So all mail it picks up it sends on to Kerio.
  •  
jonbrain

That is crazy, its such an obvious feature!!!

Thanks for letting me know.
  •  
sidbarker

yes, obvious to users, but not to the suppliers!
  •  
jonbrain

If I was to remove the POP3 MX record from the DNS and just had the Kerio server as the only MX record, what would happen if the server was buys or unavailable?
  •  
sidbarker

the sending server should retry a few times, waiting between attempts. It will eventually give up, and tell the sender that it failed.
It might also send back messages saying the email was delayed.

Not perfect, but acceptable in rare circumstances.

Some ISPs will allow you to set the secondary MX to their SMTP server, which can then forward to you when you come back online (our ISP does this - dead useful feature if the mail server is rebooted, etc).
Previous Topic: Kerio 6.0 OSX Crashing
Next Topic: Bug using KOC
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 19:51:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00471 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.