Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » kmsrecover code 2 (Code 2 when trying to recover backup to new location)
  •  
stripecat

Send a private message to this user
Hello

I try to move the backup for a Kerio Connect 8.2 RC1 to the same version installed on a test server. However, I get this error:

./kmsrecover /b/Mail/F20130914T230001Z.zip

Kerio Connect backup recover utility, version 8.2.0 RC 1
(c) Kerio Technologies s.r.o. All rights reserved.

Running kmsrecover will modify the Kerio Connect store directory.
You should use it only if your store directory has been damaged.
Current data will be DELETED and recovered from the backup,
all changes since the last backup will be lost.

Are you sure you want to continue (yes/no): yes
Recovery started at 2013-09-20 19:18:12
Error: No store path selected. Use --store for defining the path or --help for help.
Error occurred during recovery process (code 2).

What gives?
  •  
stripecat

Interesting thing: I just tried unpacking the files manually through unzip. Then I replaced the dial-tone installation with the files from the unpacked backup. It works fine and everything looks right. So the data is obviosuly not corrupted.
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

Based on the error it looks like it wanted you to specify the location of the store folder. Did you have the store folder in the default location on the old system on which that backup was created? Same for the Archive and Backup folders, were they in their default locations?
  •  
stripecat

All files were in their default locations.
  •  
timatcfl

I have had the same issue. I recently transferred it to a new machine running mac os 10.8 and there were no problems using the ./kmsrecover command. This time it was done to a machine using 10.9. I am wondering if that is why and why that would make any difference.

I did call for some assistance, and what I had to do was unzip the first of the backup files, which contained the mailserver.cfg file. put that in the /usr/local/kerio/mailserver folder. (replacing the old one). It then picked the path up from this, and it installed. However when it had completed there were all sorts of dns issues and would not collect emails from our internet host. so i had to abandon it.

I am calling for assistance in next couple of days again to get to bottom of it, as I need to move it to a new server. I will update here when I know what happens. But it is very frustrating. I even tried specifying the /store etc.... plus lots of other things to see if it was me.. But it really isn't.
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

The development team asked me to open a bug report on this problem. I did so. The development team states that you should be able to get passed this error by adding the -q switch.

For example: ./kmsrecover -q /b/Mail/F20130914T230001Z.zip
  •  
timatcfl

No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 11 November 2013 11:47]

•  
timatcfl

Above didn't work either unfortunately.

However having done a -v you get the following...

Are you sure you want to continue (yes/no): yes
Recovery started at 2013-11-09 22:39:48
Checking of volume 0 done.
Checking of volume 1 done.
Checking backup /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Backups/b/F20131103T010004Z.2.zip ...
Checking of volume 2 done.
Checking backup /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Backups/b/F20131103T010004Z.3.zip ..

etc..............

Checking backup /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Backups/b/F20131103T010004Z.35.zip ...
Checking of volume 35 done.
Checking backup /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Backups/b/F20131103T010004Z.36.zip ...
Recovery check completed.
Count of files in backup: 514163
Error: No store path selected. Use --store for defining the path or --help for help.
Error occurred during recovery process (code 2).
bash-3.2# Checking

I think it is worth noting that it can't find the path because it is not checking the first 2 .zips which is where it is held.

I am going to try a Full Backup, and see what happens when trying to backup from that, rather than the differential.

•  
timatcfl

No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 11 November 2013 11:46]

•  
timatcfl

Progress. The way to work it is to add a -s command before pointing to the backup files. I created a dummy folder called d just so the command would work.. then ill delete when its done....

so command would look like this..

./kmsrecover -s /Volumes/d /Volumes/Macintosh" "HD/[BackupFilesFolder]

This worked
  •  
Bagira

Hi,

I have the same Problem with kmsrecover 8.2.1
I tried to restore a complete Backup on a new Machine with same path as the old Server.
The command: "kmsrecover drive:\directory" always ends with error code 2.

The tip above help me Smile "kmsrecover -q drive:\directory" works fine...

This solved my problem, but I think it should be fixed. Shocked
  •  
timatcfl

I agree. Was and is very frustrating. However thankfully I don't need to swap machines all that often. But it does need fixing.

•  
Jonas Rodrigues (Kerio)

Hi,

This issue has been already addressed and fixed for the upcoming version 8.2.2

Thank you for reporting this problem.

All the best,

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
Previous Topic: Moving From Windows 2003 to VM appliance (linux)
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 8.2.0 with Office 365/windows 8 and multiple mailboxes/domains
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 22:39:32 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00545 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.