Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Multiple handsets on Snom m9 (How to enable auto-provisioning for multiple handsets)
  •  
nigelayres

Send a private message to this user
We have set up a Snom M9 cordless basestation using auto-provisioning. This sets up the first handset. I cannot see how to set up more than this within Operator. I can set the additional handsets up manually but if I then re-enable auto-provisioning it then deletes the extra ones; reverting to the single handset.

Is this simply not possible, or am I going about it the wrong way?

Thanks

Nigel
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi Nigel,

what are you trying to accomplish?

a) Different extension on each handset
Assign the snom m9 phone several extensions in Operator. By default, one extension will be mapped to only one handset. You can override this in the phone's administration web interface on the "Handsets" tab under each identity.

b) Same extension on all handsets
Assign one extension to the snom m9 phone. Log in the phone's web administration and configure the handsets for identity 1.

I tried rebooting the base unit and the setting didn't change.

Best
Filip
  •  
silars

Can auto-provisioning handle this situation with the m9/m9r - two handsets, 3 Identities, one handset has ID 1 and 2 and the other has ID 1 and 3.?

I'm guessing this requires manual configuration.

Note: It is really 4 Identities as ID 1 would really be a multiple registration situation.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 September 2013 16:20]

•  
nigelayres

It was the former which I was trying to achieve and it's easy once someone explains it.

Thank you for your help
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Operator provisions the phone with SIP accounts. The phone stores the accounts as identities 1 to 9. By default it maps identities to handsets 1-to-1. If you want to change the mapping, you have to log to the phone's web administration and configure the handsets. I believe the snom m9 phone supports multiple identities to be used on multiple handsets (M:N).

Filip
  •  
ORM

In case anyone else comes across this thread and is struggling to set up Snom M9 handsets with Kerio Operator Mad this is how I set up multiple Snom M9 Handsets with Kerio Operator v2.3.1

Equipment

1x Kerio Operator 1220
1x Snom M9 Starter Pack (!x Handset 1x Base)
1x Snom additional M9 Handset

Method

In Operator set up the users and extensions for the handsets, e.g.. Fred ext 100 & Jane ext 101

Plug the base station onto the network - The base station will then auto provision with operator. This is probably the key point. It is the base station that is provisioned not the handsets. Give the base station a description in Provisioned Phones e.g Snom Base Station

Add the extensions for the handsets to the newly provisioned base station in Operator. - In the provisioned phones window you will now see the mac address of the base station with a phone type of Snom M9 and two extensions (e.g. 100 Fred & 101 Jane)

Now you need to set up the base station and handsets. By default the base station will be on DHCP. I set it up with a fixed IP no to make future administration easier.

To obtain the IP number of the base station take the first handset and after it has registered to the base station navigate to settings -> system Info. (default PIN is 0000). In the list you will see the IP of the base station

Next navigate to this IP number in a browser. The default login of the base station is admin/password however Operator will have changed the base station default password so you will be unable to log into the base station. To obtain the password return to Operator and double click the Snom you just set up in Hardware Phones. Click the key icon next to the password field to display the password. Copy this password and paste into the base station password field

Next (if red) set up the network on the base station with a fixed IP and reboot

Next you need to register the handsets correctly on the base station. - This is outlined in the manual but in essence in the webpage for the base station you select Identity 1 for the first phone and then enter the handset PUI (obtained from the handset system info display where you got the base station IP) for the first phone. Also enter the Operator user details (i.e. extension number and password) You then repeat for each handset.

You now have each handset individually registered with the base station with a user id and password and Operator sending each extension to the base station (which then relays it to the handsets)

That's it (!). Hope this helps.

Previous Topic: 3CX softphone configuration
Next Topic: Speakerphone Feedback with iPhone Client
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 11:40:01 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00443 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.