Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » GMail Blocking our email (A compromised email account and the fallout from it.)
  •  
BobH

Send a private message to this user
We had our KerioConnect mail server grind to a halt. After working with our reseller, we discovered one of our email accounts had been compromised and a spammer was using our mailserver as a SPAM sprinkler. We downed the server and renamed the outgoing mail queue to something different, brought the server back up and we were unlocked.

This was about a week and a half ago and we got lots of denials from email servers but over time they have let us back on again. One hold out is gmail. I went to google and searched for someone to contact at Google to explain the situation and what could we do to get them to unblock us. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything but generic terms of use and the statement that if we adhered to the conduct of usage, we would eventually be allowed through.

Anyone else been in this situation? Any suggestions?
  •  
Will Mayall

I've been fighting the same problem. Our server keeps getting put on the CBL list:

http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi

I've yet to find the cause of the problem after spending a crazy amount of time trying to track it down. I've been using the firewall to block all port 25 traffic from other than the Kerio server but that has caused other problems.

But I can tell you that Gmail did start letting our email through after a couple days.

Make sure your server is off all the blacklists.

http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Will Mayall

[Updated on: Tue, 24 September 2013 02:27]

•  
Spacey

Got exactly the same problem here. For me it's now the third week and google still blocks us. We're on no RBL for that incident but only on barracuda for few hours (!!!) - that has happened three weeks ago. Since it's absolutely unacceptable for business eMails not to work with google mailservers I must change the IP address of our mailserver. At the moment I'm working with a relay but that causes other obvious problems...

Googles policy to protect their clients in general is nice but since there is no way to communicate with google staff or any other way to remove your IP from their blacklist their system is simple S***....
BTW: I tried to contact google folks via their forum & an eMail & some contact formular hidden deeper in their "useful help pages" - no result & no response so far.
  •  
BobH

Thanks for the link to MXToolBox. At least I know were not a featured headliner on the blacklists.

Your responses have confirmed my suspicion that Google doesn't care to talk to me.

It has really opened my eyes to how many companies are outsourcing their email to Google. The address may say gsmith<_at_>acme.com but when it gets denied, there's gmail underneath it all.

I've resorted to telling users that have to get through to a customer using gmail to open a gmail account and use that until the block is removed.

Thanks for the feedback.

•  
  •  
Will Mayall

Thanks for the link! I was looking for a good description of Google blacklisting.

We did get the server off the Google blacklist pretty quickly. But it's a bit scary being on it since it is far from clear how to get off and it affects a huge amount of email.
  •  
Lisa Lyons (Kerio)

Hi, Guys

We're actually aware of issues that Google have been having with DNS, which has really messed up their reporting of Blacklisted domains.

I found that the outage report isn't terribly helpful, but here it is if you are interested:

http://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en&v=issue&ts=13 79973599000&sid=1&iid=043f082bc7cd18e15458318035d9bc 7a

Since they marked it as fixed, we have received noticeably fewer complaints of this nature, so I hope that this means smoother sailing for you all!

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
Previous Topic: Groups in Public Contacts replicating in Apple Address Book
Next Topic: Detailed steps to move Kerio Connect
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 12:00:07 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00476 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.