Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Busy on busy but voicemail if no response
  •  
Silverstar

Send a private message to this user
Hi folks,

I'm trying to get the following setup done in 2.2.0 beta 2 build 2111:

1. If a user/extension is on the line a second caller gets the busy tone and no voicemailbox.
2. If the user/extension is idle but don't answers a call after xx seconds the voicemailbox jumps in.

What I've got is 1. by setting "no call fowarding" and disabling the "Call Waiting Indication" of our snom phones.
But the 2. seems not to be possible Sad under that conditions...

Any ideas?

Greetz
Silverstar
  •  
silars

Do you have "Fallback to voicemail" checked under Ringing Rules for that user? I'm guessing you do which is the challenge.
  •  
Silverstar

Hi silars,

yes I've played with that setting:
If I unceck "fallback to voicemail" the busy on busy works fine but there is also no fallabck if a call is not answered.
If I check it, the unanswered call is nicely answered by the voicemail but also calls on busy are answered by the voicemail which is not wanted by us.

Greetz
Silverstar
  •  
silars

That's a bit of a pickle. You'll need some help to get this done. Either the phone needs to get smarter, or you'll need some new features in Operator.

If the phone was smart enough to answer/disconnect a call while another call was in session, that would also work. Would need to dive into the full capabilities of the Snom to determine if that is possible.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 September 2013 07:15]

•  
Silverstar

Quote:
That's a bit of a pickle.

Definitely Smile

Quote:
If the phone was smart enough to answer/disconnect a call while another call was in session, that would also work.

According to the snom wiki I've set the "call waiting indication" to OFF. Therefore my phones should reject every second call.

The problem is that KO is not differing between an timeout and an rejected call (in case of busy).

The only workaround for now ist to set the timeout manually at all snoms. There I can do a forward after XX seconds. But: That can't be provisioned because the voicemailbox extension is different for every user Evil or Very Mad
  •  
silars

Snom does have a call forward busy function. Perhaps you send the calls to a dummy extension and use Operator to fallback to voicemail otherwise. This should be able to be provisioned since all phones could be dumped to the same dummy extension.

Not very elegant, but might work.

I use Polycoms, so my knowledge of Snom's may be off a bit. Just using their Wiki to educate myself.
  •  
Silverstar

thanks for the workaround silars!

@Kerio: Please make KO differing between the fallback cause.

Cheers
Silverstar
Previous Topic: Listen to my voicemail greetings
Next Topic: [SOLVED] KO 2.2.0 B2: Changing extensions of PBX services
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 03:21:40 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00449 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.