Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Exporting public folder permissions (Exporting public folder permissions)
  •  
DCA

Send a private message to this user
We're running Kerio mail server 8.1.3 (1711) and have a lot of public folders, probably 200+. I need to review what the permissions are on all of these public folders and don't fancy checking each one manually as it's going to take some time. Does anyone know if there is a way to export a list of public folders along with their permissions?
  •  
Vicky

Hi DCA,

This might help you along... In each public folder there is a file called status.fld and within this file you will have information about the folder as well as the permissions users have. You might be able to use some sort of bash command or script that could look copy the contents of the status.fld and pull the permissions from there perhaps.

I hope this helps,
Vicky
  •  
DCA

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for the reply but it doesn't really give me much to go on, here's the contents of one of those files:

T0
G7ce0df08-083c-4ee8-b6b4-789a1a694518
V4ddcf0f9
U00000001
C00000001
M0
P0
D0
R0
N0
E0
S0
Z00000000
L00000005
K00000001
WIPF.Note
Y
A[group<_at_>dca.com] lr

Without knowing what any of these fields mean it's not really much help. Checking the permissions on this folder there are multiple permissions not just group<_at_>dca.com, if it were just that then i could figure something out from this, do you have any idea what i should be looking for within this file? Any help is greatly appreciated.
  •  
Vicky

Hi DCA,

The bit you want to be looking at is the bit at the bottom:

A[group<_at_>dca.com] lr

So this part will show you the user or group and the permissions they have. The 'LR' permission is reader, 'LRSWID' permission is editor and 'LRSWICDA' permission is administrator.

This would be the only way I could think of where you could 'pull' the information from without having to go through all the folders one by one. I hope this helps a little more, but let me know if you need anymore help with reading this file etc...

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
DCA

Hi Vicky,

After a bit more investigation i've found that this doesn't show any inherited permissions which is why i was only seeing one permission for this folder. I've checked another few folders and this seems to be the case. I've no idea how i'm going to write a script to extract this from over 200 files but if gives me something to work with at least. Thanks for your help.
  •  
Vicky

Hi DCA,

Well hopefully one of our other forum members can help with some scripting or bash commands that can do this but at least you have something to go on.

All the best,
Vicky
Previous Topic: IPhone 5s has a bug in email flagging
Next Topic: Synchronization Failed Error Message
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 22:08:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00508 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.